New RT-700, Best ribs I ever cooked!

fireondabayou

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
New to Recteq family. Got my new RT-700 last week. Moved up from a Pit Boss. Wow, big difference. Cooked some baby backs and I must say, best ribs I have ever cooked. I’m going to really enjoy this pit. Gonna be eating even better on da bayou!

21190201-51F2-4C55-864B-4B08775A51E6.jpeg

9494B1E5-1F99-435E-8197-13B9504D7DA5.jpeg

I'd like to know more about the profile pic.
The ribs look great; the whole thing on a spit just might be better...

My profile pic is from a Lechon cook that we had a while back. I have a friend from the Philippines who taught me the technique. We stuffed the hog with aromatic seasoning (garlic, lemon grass, onion, bay leaf etc.) We then turned it by hand on a spit for 7 hours while basting in coconut water mixed with 7-UP to crisp the skin. Came out excellent. Here in Louisiana, we boucherie whole hogs. We dispatch the hog and cook all parts from head to tail. We make boudin, hogshead cheese, pork stew, graton (craklin). I cook extensively and will be sharing some of my experiences with you.

Here is the rib recipe I came up with. It is just a simple rub with the sweetness coming from the glaze. I used only salt and pepper to try to maximize the smoke penetration. For this cook, I used a fruitwood blend that I had. My wife loved them so I'll probably stick to this for a while. She doesn't like heavy smoke so that's why I bought a pellet grill. I can cook tons of Cajun food but I am trying to elevate my BBQ game. That's why I bought the RT-700 and joined the forum. These came out juicy and tender. The pit made it so easy.

Fire On Da Bayou Baby Back Rib Recipe
  • Prep ribs as usual
  • Rub mustard on ribs
  • Salt and pepper on each side with a 15-minute rest per side to let seasoning adhere
    1657572588456.png
  • To pit at 275 degrees
  • Spritz with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water at 1 and 1.5 hr.
After 1 hr.
1657572758765.png

After 2 hrs at 275 degrees, remove from pit
1657572779718.png

• Wrap in double layer of foil with brown sugar, butter and honey
  • Return to pit for 1 hr
  • Remove from foil and glaze with 2 part bbq sauce, 1 part apple cider vinegar

After wrap
1657572956785.png

• Return to pit for 15 minutes to allow the glaze to tack up
After glazing (Final temp around 205)
1657573093788.png

Enjoy!!
1657572979474.png

New to Recteq family. Got my new RT-700 last week. Moved up from a Pit Boss. Wow, big difference. Cooked some baby backs and I must say, best ribs I have ever cooked. I’m going to really enjoy this pit. Gonna be eating even better on da bayou!

View attachment 16743

View attachment 16744
We are unable to comment on your ribs cook until we’ve done an in-person taste test. Please cook another batch of those admittedly good-looking ribs and submit a box of them for judging. Thanks for your immediate attention to this important matter. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, and welcome to the RT forum.

My profile pic is from a Lechon cook that we had a while back. I have a friend from the Philippines who taught me the technique. We stuffed the hog with aromatic seasoning (garlic, lemon grass, onion, bay leaf etc.) We then turned it by hand on a spit for 7 hours while basting in coconut water mixed with 7-UP to crisp the skin. Came out excellent. Here in Louisiana, we boucherie whole hogs. We dispatch the hog and cook all parts from head to tail. We make boudin, hogshead cheese, pork stew, graton (craklin). I cook extensively and will be sharing some of my experiences with you.

Here is the rib recipe I came up with. It is just a simple rub with the sweetness coming from the glaze. I used only salt and pepper to try to maximize the smoke penetration. For this cook, I used a fruitwood blend that I had. My wife loved them so I'll probably stick to this for a while. She doesn't like heavy smoke so that's why I bought a pellet grill. I can cook tons of Cajun food but I am trying to elevate my BBQ game. That's why I bought the RT-700 and joined the forum. These came out juicy and tender. The pit made it so easy.

Fire On Da Bayou Baby Back Rib Recipe
  • Prep ribs as usual
  • Rub mustard on ribs
  • Salt and pepper on each side with a 15-minute rest per side to let seasoning adhereView attachment 16745
  • To pit at 275 degrees
  • Spritz with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water at 1 and 1.5 hr.
After 1 hr.
View attachment 16746

After 2 hrs at 275 degrees, remove from pit
View attachment 16747

• Wrap in double layer of foil with brown sugar, butter and honey
  • Return to pit for 1 hr
  • Remove from foil and glaze with 2 part bbq sauce, 1 part apple cider vinegar

After wrap
View attachment 16748

• Return to pit for 15 minutes to allow the glaze to tack up
After glazing (Final temp around 205)
View attachment 16750

Enjoy!!
View attachment 16749
Replying here to bookmark the recipe. I just followed it to the letter and they came out great! Thanks for posting!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back