New RT-410 Cover

Round Hill

I received a Recteq cover for my RT-410 earlier this week. Nice heavy durable material but the fit is terrible to be polite about it. Its a good 8 inches wider than the barrel.
There is a seam that wants to "fit" around part of the hopper but it isn't even close. It drapes over the RT-410 like a cover that is designed for something else and is way too large.

I understand Recteq got some criticism for some of the covers for other models fitting like a glove and therefore being difficult to get on and off. If this RT-410 cover design was their adjustment from the previous comments, they screwed up on this one too. It is just too big, too baggy, and fails to neatly fit the shape of the RT-410. Disappointing. This looks like an early prototype that nobody made an effort to refine into a product they can be proud of. Instead it looks and fits like garbage.

Recteq cover 1.jpeg
recteq cover 2.jpeg
recteq cover 2.jpeg

I received a Recteq cover for my RT-410 earlier this week. Nice heavy durable material but the fit is terrible to be polite about it. Its a good 8 inches wider than the barrel.
There is a seam that wants to "fit" around part of the hopper but it isn't even close. It drapes over the RT-410 like a cover that is designed for something else and is way too large.

I understand Recteq got some criticism for some of the covers for other models fitting like a glove and therefore being difficult to get on and off. If this RT-410 cover design was their adjustment from the previous comments, they screwed up on this one too. It is just too big, too baggy, and fails to neatly fit the shape of the RT-410. Disappointing. This looks like an early prototype that nobody made an effort to refine into a product they can be proud of. Instead it looks and fits like garbage.

View attachment 19484View attachment 19483View attachment 19483
Maybe it will shrink when it gets wet 🤔

View attachment 19484View attachment 19483View attachment 19483
Just send it back for credit. If Recteq asks, tell them you're unhappy with it for the reasons that you list above. If they give you problems, just do a chargeback on your credit card.

The amount of money they charge for them is ridiculous anyway. I bought a chinesium cover off of amazon for my 700 for about $35.00. I wouldn't say it's a great fit, but it's loose enough that it's not a PITA to put on/take off. It's rugged enough that it'll probably last for a minimum of 5 years. If I have to throw it away and buy a new one, I won't shed a tear. I'm relatively certain that Recteq covers are chinesium as well. So, why should I pay $85.00 for essentially the same thing ? The Recteq Logo ? Sorry, for an additional $45.00, I'm not interested in giving them free advertising.

Last edited:
Threadcutter, thanks for the feedback. Yes, it is probably made in China and the prices are silly but neither of those points should be an excuse for Recteq to release such a crumby product. I'd rather pay the extra money and get a quality cover that fits correctly - which is what I thought I was doing. Releasing a product like this shows a lack of quality in the whole process that led to its release.

Threadcutter, thanks for the feedback. Yes, it is probably made in China and the prices are silly but neither of those points should be an excuse for Recteq to release such a crumby product. I'd rather pay the extra money and get a quality cover that fits correctly - which is what I thought I was doing. Releasing a product like this shows a lack of quality in the whole process that led to its release.
Exactly. We're in complete agreement. ;)

I think you're thinking of something else.

@Round Hill maybe the third time around will be just right. I know for the RT-590 and RT-700, several members have used the Unicook grill cover and have been very happy with it. Plus it's like $30!
Yeah, give the Unicook cover a try. If you don't like it, just send it back.

Here's the one that I bought for my 700. I'm perfectly happy with it. Dunno why it's currently unavailable, but AMZN has a ton of the various covers to choose from.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09G2VRY54/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back