How do I clean out the pellets on the RT-410?

jercam88

Grill(s) owned
  1. Patio Legend 410
Hi. How do I cleanse the remaining pellets out of the hopper after cooking has been completely ? I dont see an easy way to pull them all out.
im in florida and not sure I want them left in there after cooking with all the heat and humidity.
thanks

Many users on here from the Sunshine state who may come along soon but great advice from @padlin00!

Hi. How do I cleanse the remaining pellets out of the hopper after cooking has been completely ? I dont see an easy way to pull them all out.
im in florida and not sure I want them left in there after cooking with all the heat and humidity.
thanks
I'd recommend two things. The first not filling the hopper completely full when you know you won't be using all the pellets right away or soon-ish.

These grills burn the pellets slow enough that it's very easy to monitor the hopper during cooks to add more pellets if needed before it runs out. Doing this ensures a lot less pellets are in the hopper after use.

The second recommendation would be to follow @padlin00 advice. A shop vac makes very quick work of cleaning out the hopper. I actually use one to clean my grill all the time.

5 gallon bucket with vac head. “Bucket Head”

propably need to remove the finger guard.
This.

The only complaint(s) I have (and they're minor) is both the power cord and the hose could both be a couple of feet longer. Flip side of that is that everything is more compact and easier to store.

All in all, I like the buckethead. It has plenty of suction, it just works and is (was anyway) attractively priced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back