New Recteq User on Board!

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hello all, I just ordered my RT-590 yesterday and can't wait to try it out in our new house! We just bought our first house so we're really excited! (y)

Hopefully it gets here quickly so we can break it in while I'm on vacation. The rest of the time will be moving/unpacking, etc.

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to reading the forum. Happy Grilling!

Welcome. Search the forums for the notification issue to get some details before you trust them. Maybe that's of no concern to you but if it is... knowing it's broken will possibly save your meal.

congratulations on the house and the grill! one thing i really enjoy about my recteq is how i can smoke ribs or butts or anything really. while working on projects or unpacking because i can keep any eye on it with my phone.
Thank you! A bit nervous but excited about the house at the same time and definitely excited about the grill/smoker!

Welcome. Search the forums for the notification issue to get some details before you trust them. Maybe that's of no concern to you but if it is... knowing it's broken will possibly save your meal.
Thanks! Not sure what you mean, a notification for the temps?

Welcome, looking forward to seeing your cooks.
At some point, I'm hoping to give a brisket another shot. My first one I messed up due to over trimming (a lot). There was a HUGE deckle so didn't know when to stop trimming, lol. Youtube videos definitely make it look easier than it is! Maybe after a few more attempts, it won't be so difficult.

Also, I was using a 3-in-1 grill that has a small offset smoker box on the side, it was kind of fun but definitely had to babysit it, my first time trying to run an offset smoker of any kind. Anyway, the flavor was good but I think I didn't get past the stall, perhaps incorrect temp readings. Chalking that up as a first time learning opportunity ;-)

Thanks! Not sure what you mean, a notification for the temps?
Yes, notification that your smoker has reached desired temp, strayed away from desired temp, meat temp alarm settings, etc. I would search if you plan to use that app at all to learn more about it because it nearly renders the app experience useless.

Hello all, I just ordered my RT-590 yesterday and can't wait to try it out in our new house! We just bought our first house so we're really excited! (y)

Hopefully it gets here quickly so we can break it in while I'm on vacation. The rest of the time will be moving/unpacking, etc.

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to reading the forum. Happy Grilling!
Well, I found out that it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow! If so, that is pretty fast! 6 days from order placed to on the driveway! Hopefully, there are no issues with it, I have read of others having dents, etc.

Can't wait to get it set up and take some pics! ;-)

Edit: That was an error, it won't be here until Tuesday the 22nd...

Last edited:
Yes, notification that your smoker has reached desired temp, strayed away from desired temp, meat temp alarm settings, etc. I would search if you plan to use that app at all to learn more about it because it nearly renders the app experience useless.
Ok thanks, will do!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back