New Recteq Models

madurochris

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Just saw an ad on their facebook page. Was surprised nobody is talking about it in here. Is this just the time of year for the next year's models?

A 4-burner gasser with 1800F searing station, perhaps? Ohhh...wait...that's a Napoleon. 🤣🤣🤣

I use a FireBoard with every cook. I love it and has helped me immensely. How was it on the lonestar? Did it have the prediction feature to it? If they add this to RT it will make it more valuable IMHO

I use a FireBoard with every cook. I love it and has helped me immensely. How was it on the lonestar? Did it have the prediction feature to it? If they add this to RT it will make it more valuable IMHO
Well, not sure what you mean "prediction". I bought it in 2017 or 2018 so not the most recent model. But paired with the fan, the temperature control was solid. Maybe 3 degrees plus/minus for hours at a time. Truly never had any issues unless it was really windy.

The model I purchased in 2021, FireBoard 2 I believe has an analyze tab. Under the analyze tab is a predictive option that will calculate the estimated time left for the cook to hit the internal temperature set. I use it for pork butts and briskets when I cook overnight.

The model I purchased in 2021, FireBoard 2 I believe has an analyze tab. Under the analyze tab is a predictive option that will calculate the estimated time left for the cook to hit the internal temperature set. I use it for pork butts and briskets when I cook overnight.
That is insane. Hey everyone, dinner will be served in 57 minutes, 34 seconds. Lol.

Actually, the predictive technology is quite helpful when you are shooting for a specific finish time. If it looks like your cook might be running late, you can raise the temperature to compensate. It really is pretty much like what experienced grill masters have been doing since fire was discovered.

I'm hoping at some point RecTeq does something like Camp Chef did with their Woodwind where you can put wood chunks above the firepot for extra smoke.

From the video, appears perhaps a re-vamped Bull is coming out. I'm curious to see what they come out with next.

I'm hoping at some point RecTeq does something like Camp Chef did with their Woodwind where you can put wood chunks above the firepot for extra smoke.

From the video, appears perhaps a re-vamped Bull is coming out. I'm curious to see what they come out with next.
I thought I saw people doing that now. I personally have not tried it. I agree with you but also wonder if that creates a hot spot?

They just also posted on instagram that there are five reason to be at recteq fest new grills 10/9. Always happens when I order something new 😂

IMG_1963.jpeg

To me it looks like a bunch of probes hanging. My old fireboard had six probe receptacles. People are beginning to suggest RT went to fireboard to get their latest controller. Who knows?

on there website this morning. Looks like 5 new grills are coming. I did chat with them and they couldn't give me any information but he said he has not heard any changes to the current 1250. But i couldn't get any information about any of the upgrades for the others.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 9.53.41 AM.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back