New Lodge Griddle.

Infantryman

Military Veteran
Check out my new Lodge 18" x 10" Carbon Steel griddle and Cuisanart cast iron griddle weight that came today......testing these baby's out!.

20200526_180742.jpg

Set my Bull at 425°F and I used Avacado oil because it supposedly has a very high burn point temp. 520°F. (500°F advertised). So I understand anyway.....we'll see! Something told me to not take my new griddle all the way up to 500°F the first time I used it.

20200526_172234.jpg

Now I really like using my sear grates, but I wanted a griddle specifacally for stuff like this, as well as stir fried veggies, steak/chicken fajitas, eggs, steak sandwiches, pancakes, hashbrowns, etc. Check out the nice upward kick along the edges to help keep your food in and the heavy duty handles. I didn't want a flat model design with a groove along the outside for grease, etc. Seems like that might just end up a big mess to me.

20200526_175730.jpg

20200526_180051.jpg

Pretty happy with it, didn't get the sear I wanted because of the lower temp I'm thinking. But, for the first time being used I figure everything came out really tasty. Very even heat distribution as far as I could tell. That griddle weight is a cool tool to have, keeps things flat and makes for faster cooks. The Avacado oil didn't come close to burning. I'm going straight up to 500°F next time.

If you're in the market for a griddle it may be just what you're looking for.

https://www.lodgemfg.com/product/carbon-steel-griddle

It's also available on Amazon for less, FYI.

Last edited:
Just ordered the griddle from Rec Tec. Kinda wish I'd seen this one first. I like the handles. You are right about the griddle weight. I bent too many spatulas making smashburgers...perfect for that.

Check out my new Lodge 18" x 10" Carbon Steel griddle and Cuisanart cast iron griddle weight that came today......testing these baby's out!.

View attachment 4272

Set my Bull at 425°F and I used Avacado oil because it supposedly has a very high burn point temp. 520°F. (500°F advertised). So I understand anyway.....we'll see! Something told me to not take my new griddle all the way up to 500°F the first time I used it.

View attachment 4273

Now I really like using my sear grates, but I wanted a griddle specifacally for stuff like this, as well as stir fried veggies, steak/chicken fajitas, eggs, steak sandwiches, pancakes, hashbrowns, etc. Check out the nice upward kick along the edges to help keep your food in and the heavy duty handles. I didn't want a flat model design with a groove along the outside for grease, etc. Seems like that might just end up a big mess to me.

View attachment 4274
View attachment 4275

Pretty happy with it, didn't get the sear I wanted because of the lower temp I'm thinking. But, for the first time being used I figure everything came out really tasty. Very even heat distribution as far as I could tell. That griddle weight is a cool tool to have, keeps things flat and makes for faster cooks. The Avacado oil didn't come close to burning. I'm going straight up to 500°F next time.

If you're in the market for a griddle it may be just what you're looking for.

https://www.lodgemfg.com/product/carbon-steel-griddle

It's also available on Amazon for less, FYI.
Looks great. Thanks for the link. Another accessory being ordered. Lodge makes solid stuff. I’ve used a lodge pan. But this looks better for pancakes and the things you mentioned.
Thanks ??

Looks great. Thanks for the link. Another accessory being ordered. Lodge makes solid stuff. I’ve used a lodge pan. But this looks better for pancakes and the things you mentioned.
Thanks ??
I have to say I definitely am buying quite a few extra cool things for my Bull, you can never have enough smoking and grilling gadgets! (To my wife's great dismay) but, she loves the food outta the Bull, so hey! :D

Us GREENIES gotta stick together!

Very nice! And thanks for taking the time to do the write up about it... now I want burgers and it's only 0900...
Hey no problem.......I'm all about sharing good info. It's never to early for a good Burger! (y)

I have to say I definitely am buying quite a few extra cool things for my Bull, you can never have enough smoking and grilling gadgets! (To my wife's great dismay) but, she loves the food outta the Bull, so hey! :D

Hey no problem.......I'm all about sharing good info. It's never to early for a good Burger! (y)
It's sometime, somewhere. ??

Happy wife happy life.

Since a lotta folks like breakfast foods here I thought I'd try out my new griddle that way......and post a couple of pics.

20200530_082459.jpg

Trying to cook eggs 3 ways for 3 different picky egg eaters. hahaha.

20200530_082046.jpg

Pancakes and kielbasa on the side. I have absolutely no complaints about this Lodge product so far, everything I've cooked on it has released effortlessly, really happy with it. Most importantly no warping. My pics aren't professional quality.....I'm a much better cook! ?

Last edited:
Since a lotta folks like breakfast foods here I thought I'd try out my new griddle that way......and post a couple of pics.

View attachment 4410

Trying to cook eggs 3 ways for 3 different picky egg eaters. hahaha.

View attachment 4411

Pancakes and kielbasa on the side. My pics aren't professional quality.....I'm a much better cook! ?
Looks great

That looks nice! I ordered a griddle from RT for my Bullseye, one grease fire is enough! I have seasoned it to the best of my ability, but it is still not black and a little tacky. My wife thinks I used too much oil but I actually used very little and followed the instructions to the T. I did use grape seed oil. Is it good to go?

IMG_3652.jpg

That looks nice! I ordered a griddle from RT for my Bullseye, one grease fire is enough! I have seasoned it to the best of my ability, but it is still not black and a little tacky. My wife thinks I used too much oil but I actually used very little and followed the instructions to the T. I did use grape seed oil. Is it good to go?
The Grill Grates minimized my grease fire damage.

Just ordered the griddle from Rec Tec. Kinda wish I'd seen this one first. I like the handles. You are right about the griddle weight. I bent too many spatulas making smashburgers...perfect for that.
I always use two spatulas for smash burgers. a heavy 6"x5" for smashing and I use the back of the handle of another to push down on the blade of the other.

Try a small sauce pan wrapped in foil for the smashburgers. Flat, heavy and works like a charm.

The tacky part is reason to be concerned, but that won’t fix itself with more attempts at seasoning. I’d start cooking on it and give it time, or until you get tired of cooking on that boat anchor. I despise mine, if you hadn’t noticed. :) Others appear to be thrilled with them. Save the box it came in to store it, or for a more permanent solution a 22” cymbal case makes a nice bag for it. This One is $30 now, but it was only $22 when I put it in my cart months ago.

The tacky part is reason to be concerned, but that won’t fix itself with more attempts at seasoning. I’d start cooking on it and give it time, or until you get tired of cooking on that boat anchor. I despise mine, if you hadn’t noticed. :) Others appear to be thrilled with them. Save the box it came in to store it, or for a more permanent solution a 22” cymbal case makes a nice bag for it. This One is $30 now, but it was only $22 when I put it in my cart months ago.
Thanks @Greg Jones, I actually just cooked some smash burgers on it last night and yeah it is getting darker!
I mainly got it for bacon, greasy foods. I have a griddle from GrillGrates, but it doesn't contain grease and thus the grease fire.

Could be that I am trying to do too many things on it. I do love my Bullseye and my 590, but they are different.

May have to get a Blackstone, or I may just have to get the lodge skillet mentioned above but right now my wife is complaining about porch space and my grill gadgets! .

I am also concerned about it trapping heat. I would think they would have made it an inch or two smaller in diameter, it is very tight.

I am also concerned about it trapping heat. I would think they would have made it an inch or two smaller in diameter, it is very tight.
I use a Matador pan on my Bullseye, and it’s an even tighter gap than is the griddle. Hasn’t been a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back