RT-1250 New guy here with 1250

Mac7504

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hello everyone,

I just received my 1250 2 weeks ago but haven't had the time to put it together. Before I do, I would like to know if anyone has an aftermarket cover they could suggest since I do not choose to roll my smokers or grills back into the garage.

I do not wish to use the oem recteq one.

Thank you all in advance.

Johnny

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your 1250! Are there certain features that you’re looking for that differ from the Recteq cover or just looking for a different price point?

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm looking for something more loose fitting.

There are posts of folks adding a zipper if it is a concern getting on & taking off. You can search for that. They are large zippers and look pretty cool.

I am one that rolls it out of my basement (above ground) so don't have a cover.

Here is one pic

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm looking for something more loose fitting.
I did the zipper thing and it works great. $12 for the zipper and $15 to have it installed.
1643663414079.png

Thank you for the replies everyone, truly appreciated.

Since I had credit on my Amazon account I went ahead and decided to try an off brand cover. It also has zippers and seems to be within specs to fit. We shall see. Can't beat free. If this doesn't work i will return and add zippers on the oem cover as posted above. I can't wait to get this thing smokin. I own 2 22inch wsm one with expansion ring so this will be interesting delving into the pellet world.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09G2VRY54?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Hope you applied that $8 coupon :) .. share your thoughts when you get it.

Mac, I can't believe nobody commented on the fact that you haven't put it together yet!!! :)

I've never had an issue with the RT cover, but hope the one you got works out!

Rich G

Mac, I can't believe nobody commented on the fact that you haven't put it together yet!!! :)

I've never had an issue with the RT cover, but hope the one you got works out!

Rich G
I know I know, hahaha I've gotten alot of crap on the wsm forum about it. Lol it's been 2 weeks. First week it was family events like monster jam and this past weekend I had just gotten back from Nashville and was burned out from travel. Excuses I know. Haha. Should be together this week, I want to do the burn in and test it out with ribs just in time for my brother's birthday.

Thanks for rubbing it in Rich! Lol

Johnny

Thanks to the collective group for the information on the zippers. I've only owned my 1250 since the start of this year, and I have multiple tears in the OEM cover because its too damn tight. It probably doesn't help that I've been taking it on and off in what feels like single digit temps.

Thanks to the collective group for the information on the zippers. I've only owned my 1250 since the start of this year, and I have multiple tears in the OEM cover because its too damn tight. It probably doesn't help that I've been taking it on and off in what feels like single digit temps.
Dude, call support, send them a pic, they will send you a new cover. Spend the $30 to get the zipper installed and life is good.

But... let RT know, that you believe that this is a flaw in their design, and they need to make it right!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back