Bull New Bull owner

Coach57

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My new Bull arrives today (weather permitting). I got the Bull, the cover, and the sear kit. I wont be able to put it together till the weekend. Got a couple of questions.
1) Best pellets to use?
2) I saw something about a wheel mod but it said it worked on the old Bull not the new??
3) Initial burn. what temp and how long?

Thanks

1) whatever you have available, at a reasonable cost.
2) I don’t think the wheel mod is necessary with the upgraded wheels, but some here have modified the new-style wheels to make it more similar to a competition cart.
3) 400* for one hour, then your first cook should be something fatty.

My new Bull arrives today (weather permitting). I got the Bull, the cover, and the sear kit. I wont be able to put it together till the weekend. Got a couple of questions.
1) Best pellets to use?
2) I saw something about a wheel mod but it said it worked on the old Bull not the new??

Thanks
Congrats and enjoy!

Well weather did not permit so my grill did not show. Fullhouse32 I read the manual and I thought I might get some extra advice along the way. Have a great day. Oh by the way Air Force vet 80-86.

1) Best pellets to use?

Thanks
Go to rectec and sign in ID/Password. Then download the manual. All the info is in there and good to have in print. 1 hour at 400 is fine. I made a mistake and did a bacon cook for break in. Totally a mess although the bacon was great. Seasoning with a greasy cook is not required or desired IMO. After the grates have cooled, wipe em down and get cooking. Any problems occur, then run the test mode (easy to do).

Welcome, you will love your Bull. I use Lumber Jack and have had no issues. I also did the 400 for an hour and finished it off with a chicken thighs dinner. The cover is tight so take your time putting it on and off, after a few times you will have it mastered. I'm glad it fits tight, keeps the wind out.
Enjoy, love mine after 12 years of using a Kamado style grill.

Welcome to the 700 club. I’ve had mine for a little over a year and a half. Love it in all ways. Have fun and get smokin’!

Welcome, you'll love it! There will be lots of moments standing around enjoying your favorite beverages, bragging to your friends, and you'll have an endless supply of hungry friends and family!! 🍻🥃 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Cheers!

Oh, one last thing WHO DAT!! I'm a huge fan myself.;)

1) Best pellets to use?

Thanks
I really like the rectec brand pellets, i have mixed apple wood pellets in with them on pork butts and they turned out great. but the pit boss competition blend are really good also

1) Best pellets to use?

Thanks
Chicken quarters are a good first cook.

Congrats! I have had mine for a couple of years now. 400° for one hour is the normal break-in period per Rtq. Followed up with two mats full of bacon (one package of thick cut). for the seasoning, Lol.

For the pellets, I really like the Lumber jack brand, the 100% varieties. LJ includes the bark which creates more flavorful smoke in my testing. They are also smaller in diameter, so more per auger spin dump for the smoke. They are usually cheaper too, especially if your area has Rural King stores. Enjoy!

1) Best pellets to use?

Thanks
For pellets, I use lumber Jack 100% Hickory. If I don't have LJ I will use smoke Ring pellets. But, I prefer the Lumber Jack 100% Hickory for all my cooks

Got my Bull . I mean right before the freezing cold. I’ve been just looking at it. Got my pellets at Home Depot. It’s been 4 degrees here in Oklahoma. Got hot today around 28. So I used mine for the first time too. Set it at 275 and it ain’t missed a beat

Got my Bull . I mean right before the freezing cold. I’ve been just looking at it. Got my pellets at Home Depot. It’s been 4 degrees here in Oklahoma. Got hot today around 28. So I used mine for the first time too. Set it at 275 and it ain’t missed a beat
Hopefully mine will ship when it gets a bit warmer. I'm excited but not necessarily in a rush.

I really like the rectec brand pellets, i have mixed apple wood pellets in with them on pork butts and they turned out great. but the pit boss competition blend are really good also
I like the Rec Tec and the KingsFord pellets

I like the Rec Tec or CookinPellets. One thing I would suggest is to get a Traeger pan liner and I also use a disposable cookie sheet right below whatever I am cooking, makes cleanup very easy, in fact my grease bucket has never seen any grease.

Attachments

• RecTec w-drip tray.jpg
    RecTec w-drip tray.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back