Bull New Bull on the way

Sm4astan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys, New to the site here. I finally pulled the trigger and am jumping into the pellet grill world. Went back and forth between this and a Traeger Ironwood grill, but the Rec Tec just seemed overall the better grill and for less money.

I do have one question after spending some time reading these forums...

Does the RT-700 come with any type of cover? I thought I read a review somewhere that said it did, so I didn't order a cover. Now I am wondering if that was wrong information and it does not come with one.

If not, the covers are now out of stock. Any idea how often they get replenished? I probably won't receive the grill (I hope) to sometime next week, but I'm in Upstate NY so can't count on not having some really rainy days. I don't want to go too long without a cover.

Are there any good 3rd party alternatives that fit over the grill and smokestack?

Thanks for the help!

Good choice. Sorry, they do not come with a cover...it's an extra. Lots of folks don't cover theirs. I do, just personal preference though. Go ahead and order the cover and enjoy the use of your bull until it gets here. Shouldn't be a problem

Hey guys, New to the site here. I finally pulled the trigger and am jumping into the pellet grill world. Went back and forth between this and a Traeger Ironwood grill, but the Rec Tec just seemed overall the better grill and for less money.

I do have one question after spending some time reading these forums...

Does the RT-700 come with any type of cover? I thought I read a review somewhere that said it did, so I didn't order a cover. Now I am wondering if that was wrong information and it does not come with one.

If not, the covers are now out of stock. Any idea how often they get replenished? I probably won't receive the grill (I hope) to sometime next week, but I'm in Upstate NY so can't count on not having some really rainy days. I don't want to go too long without a cover.

Are there any good 3rd party alternatives that fit over the grill and smokestack?

Thanks for the help!
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the new RT 700 Bull, your going to love it. The covers are a additional extra accessory and don't come standard with the grill unless Rec Tec had a special package purchase like I got when I purchased my RT7700 Bull with the smokebox last July. I've never used the cover as my Bull is stored under a covered porch and don't plan too although with all the pollen around here lately it may make me change my mind on doing so.

Last edited:
you made a wise decision

Received my bull two weeks ago. A couple chicken drums after the burn in for seasoning. And then went straight in on 17 pounds of pork, and three slabs of baby back‘s. Had calibrated all the probes, And wanted to see how long everything would take to do it to truly low and slow at 225. With previous smokers it was so hard to keep the temp low, so almost everything I did cook was usually between 250 and 275. Cooked pork for 19 hours and ribs at 6.5 hours unwrapped. Temp held like an Oven despite some gusty wind, and it turned out unbelievable ,with very little effort. After fighting stick burners and other charcoal grills for so long I can’t believe I waited to buy one of these.

Couple thoughts :
One thing I will say is getting the OEM cover on the Bull is a total pain in the ass.

After an experiment of not wrapping the ribs. I plan on wrapping going forward. I didn’t get any complaints but I prefer their more tender.

Attachments

• 0B02DA29-BF27-4B2F-9A9B-9E7BD8547B7D.jpeg
    0B02DA29-BF27-4B2F-9A9B-9E7BD8547B7D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
  • AB468B90-4F94-4102-8A8A-1B01EE024E06.jpeg
    AB468B90-4F94-4102-8A8A-1B01EE024E06.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 4A32DAD8-3B18-4417-8E75-D2FF131B684C.jpeg
    4A32DAD8-3B18-4417-8E75-D2FF131B684C.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 59
  • E6027C08-8DB4-4431-A117-1586EEFDD4F8.jpeg
    E6027C08-8DB4-4431-A117-1586EEFDD4F8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 62
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

Can't wait to start serving up mouthwatering BBQ. If I don't, my wife is going to kill me. It's the main reason I was able to convince her to let me get this ?

You made the right choice! I came from the Traeger world and wish I would've converted sooner! As others said, covers are an add-on item. With the pandemic thing happening and grills/accessories flying off the shelf, I'd say you'd have to call to find out when they'll be back in stock.

Welcome aboard, this place is great with a lot of helpful folks.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

Can't wait to start serving up mouthwatering BBQ. If I don't, my wife is going to kill me. It's the main reason I was able to convince her to let me get this ?
Welcome! You can't go wrong with the Bull alright. That's funny, I was in the same boat that you are now with your new Bull. If I didn't put out some tasty BBQ from cook #1 I was gonna be in BIG trouble! Let me tell you, she and the rest of my family and friends have enjoyed everything I have cooked off of the Bull. The level of smoke flavor that folks like is subjective of course but the cool thing is with the Bull you can adjust the level of smoke flavor to your food with the "Extreme Smoke" setting easily in conjunction with the temp you're cooking at for everyone's particular tastes or, somewhere in between. Your family, friends and probably even your neighbors are going to think you are BBQ'ing Master! :D You won't be sorry you made the choice!

P.S. As far as the grill cover goes, I love mine and I haven't experienced any of the problems many have using it personally. Maybe I'm lucky on that one! As already posted above some cover their Bull, some don't. It's all personal preference, either way works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back