Stampede New 590

6string

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I received my RT 590 yesterday and did the breakin today. Now have a beer can chicken on and notice there isnt a lot of smoke. I upgraded to the 590 from Traeger so I can only compare what I was use to seeing. I live in Texas and our temps today are in the low 60’s. I see smoke but not the heavy billows I saw with Traeger. Is this normal? Should I adjust the feed rate?

BTW, this Rec Tec 590 is awesome and a major upgrade from that other company!!

Just received mine yesterday and put together today. May do burn-in tomorrow if not -10° again.

You never really want to see heavy billows of smoke. That is usually a sign of "bad tasting" smoke. What you really like is to see is that thin blue smoke, keeping in mind, most of the smoke doing it's magic, you never really see. There is more smoke in the chamber than you think. The other thing to keep in mind with pellet pits, the higher temp you have set, the lower the amount of smoke since they burn so efficient. Hope this helps. Keep on using that beast, you will continue to love it.

Thanks! The final product of whole chicken and garlic smashed sweet potatoes (finished on the smoker) was awesome!!! Everything was Definitely smoked. I’m lovin this new grill ?

Got it seasoned for a couple hours getting things calibrated. Think got it pretty good in comparison to my digital thermometers. 1 Rec Tec probe needed attention also. Will do some bacon in it tomorrow and from there, who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back