RHEINLEIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
Well after replacing the RT 410, I have received a 590 and put that together last evening.

While it is shiny new, I decided to install Lava Lock on the lid last evening as well.

Thanks for all of the advice from the group here!

As for the hopper cover, I think I am confident enough to do that this afternoon, Unless I find a compelling reason to leave that unsealed.

Anyone ? Anyone ?

I haven't sealed the hopper lid on any of my grills however I can't think of a reason not to do it. I've heard of people doing it.

I think the lid is more important. I need to re-do mine after a few years of use.

I sealed my hopper lid simply because I had enough left over from doing the cooking chamber lid to do so. And, like @kstone113 above, I couldn’t think of a reason not to. It does provide a nice, quiet closing and probably helps keep the humidity down in the pellet hopper,

I sealed my hopper lid simply because I had enough left over from doing the cooking chamber lid to do so. And, like @kstone113 above, I couldn’t think of a reason not to. It does provide a nice, quiet closing and probably helps keep the humidity down in the pellet hopper,
Thanks

Congrats on the new 590. Sealing the hopper lid is a good move. Has nothing to do with less noise. Stops reverse air flow from fire pot during startup and shutdown and IMO, is more important than main lid sealing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back