Stampede Made my decision, going with 590... what Accessories should get?

smokeshow69

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I am going to get the Cover, some mats, and gloves. Question is, what else do I need? Do I need the Folding table, griddle, grill mat? I also saw some all weather stainless steel add-ons but cannot seem to find them anymore. Appreciate your favorites and must haves!

Folding shelf is a must. I find I use the grill mats more than the sear grates. The exhaust vent covers make the grill look pretty badass. They run a 20-30% sale quite often, if so, then a 200 lb pellet package isn't too bad of deal if you don't have a good local supply. The covid thing has seemingly interrupted my $9/20lb bag Lumber Jack supplier.

I got the cover, back vents, folding table, sear kit, 200 lbs of pellets and the small interior shelf. 20% off

Shelf, I don't use the sear grates much, depends on how you like to grill/que.
Cover if exposed to elements. I would skip the griddle and the grill mat but again depends on your circumstances.
Welcome!

Depends...shelf, mat, cover

Welcome and Congrats on the decision! the front shelf IMO is a must! I added every add on to mine to include the comp cart which i absolutely love! ( I move mine allot). 20% off add ons is nice i must say.

Seat kit and shelf for sure. I use the seat kit for burgers and steaks. Love it. Shelf is used every time I cook.

I am also looking at ordering a 590 and I cannot find vent-covers, or a sear kit for it on the site anywhere? Is that what happens when things go out of stock? Or are these things that folks are ordering else-where?
I'm not sure I even want to order one without grill-covers. It's spring in the Mid-West, it is going to rain. lol

I just got my 590 last week. Do what everyone is suggesting and get the shelf. I’d bet you’ll regret it if you don’t. I also called about the vent covers, they are out of stock right now. I’m guessing they’ll put them back on the site when they’re in stock.

I just ordered my 590 on Monday. Vent covers were out of stock and not on the site. However the grate brush is also out of stock, but still shows on the site. So I'm not sure what the difference is and I didn't get a good explanation from the rep I spoke with when I ordered.

You can make a better shelf at a fraction of the cost. Do a board search for “shelf mod”.
Here’s mine.

Attachments

• C5543004-F3B6-4F53-865F-A57AB9D05B6C.jpeg
    C5543004-F3B6-4F53-865F-A57AB9D05B6C.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 200
  • C7D91D05-8593-42D9-A9C6-E336031082B6.jpeg
    C7D91D05-8593-42D9-A9C6-E336031082B6.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 155
Nice job on your "shelf mod" looks great!

You’ll want the shelf, but it is pretty small...depth barley enough to hold a dinner plate. Not sure what to think about the all weather vents though...they don’t seal up to the lid, so if it were raining, it wouldn’t keep water out, but it would minimize it. They do look cool though!

First cook on new 590 yesterday, tri-tip, mmmmm. Got shelf, cover and pellet package at 20% off. Plus 10% for retired military (just asked. Thanks RECTEC ). Question: any mold issues if covered? Weber gas and charcoal grills get fuzzy here in WA when they can’t breathe. Maybe pellet grill different if I clean drip pan/ grates well (doesn’t collet grease like other grills). Haven’t opened cover yet, considering returning but restock fee and shipping make it doubtful.

I love my 590 works awsome! I made the mistake of buying the fold up shelf before researching this forum. The shelf is too small and I could have made a larger stronger one like some others have done. The extra space and strength is well needed. Enjoy your grill!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back