New “Toy” for All the BBQing Girls & Boys

TheRicker

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I know this is a RecTeq forum but I thought this was somewhat interesting news to all us pellet heads.

I almost bought the Grilla Grills Silverbac but ended up getting my RT-700. But I was impressed enough with them to buy the “Primate”.

Today, Grilla Grills announces the “Mammoth”.

https://www.grillagrills.com/produc...4ZQedbmNV760z0s0GP21kfnijsLWB6chOAMvg=.HjeGMy

I’m sure this will be added to someone’s collection of BBQing toys.

Interesting outdoor oven. Seems like the perfect tool for an amateur, lol.

Au Contraire, based on your RT700’s standard cart wheel problem, you are probably their taget audience. Hehe.

IMG_7415.jpeg

Interesting outdoor oven. Seems like the perfect tool for an amateur, lol.
What do you think your Recteq is, or any Pellet Smoker is ? :ROFLMAO: they are all outdoor ovens.

I am actually considering getting one as well. It is a well known fact Vertical smokers produce a better smoke profile than just flat grate pellet smokers.
The most interesting part (to me) about this.. is the ability of using actual chunks of wood or chips on the firepot to get even more smoke! (Firepot has a lipped design.)

Last edited:
What do you think your Recteq is, or any Pellet Smoker is ? :ROFLMAO: they are all outdoor ovens.

I am actually considering getting one as well. It is a well known fact Vertical smokers produce a better smoke profile than just flat grate pellet smokers.
The most interesting part (to me) about this.. is the ability of using actual chunks of wood or chips on the firepot to get even more smoke! (Firepot has a lipped design.)
I agree. That’s why I used the term. They are so automated these days. My Offset Smoker, Vertical Smoker and Tow-behind Trailer (see pictures below) are used the old fashioned way, wood, babysitting, and prayer, lol. I think the build of this one may be adequate although the grates seem a little thin but I will wait until someone posts their experiences to find out.

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

I agree. That’s why I used the term. They are so automated these days. My Offset Smoker, Vertical Smoker and Tow-behind Trailer (see pictures below) are used the old fashioned way, wood, babysitting, and prayer, lol. I think the build of this one may be adequate although the grates seem a little thin but I will wait until someone posts their experiences to find out.

View attachment 20820

View attachment 20821

View attachment 20822
Nice looking pig. Maybe one day I’ll be brave enough to try a small one on my 700. 🤭

Nice looking pig. Maybe one day I’ll be brave enough to try a small one on my 700. 🤭
They come out really well. If possible try to stay under 70lbs (with head on). If removed, you can go a little larger as long as you can keep everything over the drip pan. If not, you will need to foil the legs to protect them from burning. (Don’t ask me how I know, haha). I recommend trying whole hogs, you may find that the mix of different cuts compliment each other very well.

Last edited:
Some have referred to the pellet grill as an "Easy bake oven for men", here on this same very site 🤣

I was told to work on my lazier when I first joined. Like Jetsons or maybe RONCO, set it and forget it 🤔

I agree that technology is making it easier for us to do “less cookin and more goofin”, lol. When I think about the time I spent babysitting my stick and coal burners just because I wanted a couple slabs of ribs or a chicken I shake my head. Even the impact on fellowship I missed when partying with friends watching for a flame up help me embrace the technology. I think of pellet grills and the “Easy Bake Oven” for grillers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back