Stampede Need recommendations for grill cleaner for my RT590.

GrillRookie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Primarily for the exterior stainless steal, but also on the removable grill grates. Someone recommended a ZEP product, but I’m looking for what works best. Thanks.

I've had some luck with Traeger's All Natural Cleaner for both the stainless steel and RTD probe. It the build-up is heavy, it helps to use the spray on a Scotch Brite pad. If you're trying to avoid stainless stains, best not to let the stains get too thick. Alternatively, you could just let it go, as others have. Depends on your preference.

For the grates I use Members Mark , although as the grill ages I seem to be doing it less often. It does the best job if you slit open a trash bag, lay the grates in it, spray it with the cleaner, close the bag and let it sit for 5 min or so, hit it with a SS brush if needed, then hose off. For the most part I just clean the grates with a grill brush.

Tried a bunch of things on the SS sides with mixed results, it's a lot of work.

I use citrusafe on the grates and simple green on the smoker barrel

830731000020.jpg

For the grates, I just soak them in hot water and Dawn in my utility sink and then scrub them with steel wool...easy peasy. Just did that today in fact after smoking 4 racks of ribs yesterday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back