Bull My RT700

After reading past posts on the Forum, when I have a cook above 400 I will set the temp to 225 leave the lid up and wait for the unit to cool down before shutting it down. It has worked so far!

Just my thoughts but you may want to wait till the temp comes down to 225 then open lid and shut down. Otherwise the unit may feed more and have a hotter pot with the lid open even at only 225 if the lid is open.

Just my thoughts but you may want to wait till the temp comes down to 225 then open lid and shut down. Otherwise the unit may feed more and have a hotter pot with the lid open even at only 225 if the lid is open.

Nah, once you set the temp down low, it pretty much lowers the feed rate to nothing until it hits that temp.

Nah, once you set the temp down low, it pretty much lowers the feed rate to nothing until it hits that temp.

Yes, I agree with that but with the hood open it might have a hard time hitting that temp hence increase the feed rate back up if you don't shut it down when it hits that? I have not tried myself just a thought.

When all else fails:
🧯

Yes, I agree with that but with the hood open it might have a hard time hitting that temp hence increase the feed rate back up if you don't shut it down when it hits that? I have not tried myself just a thought.

Having the hood up will simply lower the temperature faster. I understand what you mean, though. I turn the temp down (say from 400 to 200), open the hood and when it vents all that heat, I lower the hood again before I turn it off.

Having the hood open simply lets it cool down faster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back