Stampede My First Post Here

keithshedron

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My first post. Just got my RT590 today. I was irritated because the tracking was quite poor during transit. Once the grill showed up, my irritation disappeared. Packing was brilliant with grill and pellets on one pallet. No damage to the outer carton and grill was in perfect condition. Did the initial burn in after getting the app linked to my router.
Steady temps are almost unbelievable. Construction quality appears to be excellent and the app works flawlessly. I am sooooo looking forward to getting some butts on and doing a prolonged cook.

I got my 590 Friday, put it together yesterday, burned it in and cook some basic burgers they were delicious. Next Ribs, then a tenderloin.

The customer service is over the top. I cross threaded one of my handles, my bad, I asked for a price to replace, told them it was my fault and they just sent it out and apoligized, even though it was not their fault! Top Notch company.

Welcome! Your family will be happy you chose a Rec Tec. After my first cook (spare ribs) my wife and I were very happy with the performance of our Bull.

The 590 is loaded with pig. Really bad weather here. Cold, rain and high wind. Grill is working so well, I literally cannot believe it. I never knew a grill could perform like this. And the wifi app? Well, I guess I am going "hi-tech", 'cause I love it! Linking was simple and it really makes running the grill a piece of cake. LOL, after having a big box store pellet grill that liked catching on fire and a charcoal kettle, this is like being in heaven!

first pig cook.jpeg

The 590 is loaded with pig. Really bad weather here. Cold, rain and high wind. Grill is working so well, I literally cannot believe it. I never knew a grill could perform like this. And the wifi app? Well, I guess I am going "hi-tech", 'cause I love it! Linking was simple and it really makes running the grill a piece of cake. LOL, after having a big box store pellet grill that liked catching on fire and a charcoal kettle, this is like being in heaven!

View attachment 9070

That's what I'm talking about...nice!

My first post. Just got my RT590 today. I was irritated because the tracking was quite poor during transit. Once the grill showed up, my irritation disappeared. Packing was brilliant with grill and pellets on one pallet. No damage to the outer carton and grill was in perfect condition. Did the initial burn in after getting the app linked to my router.
Steady temps are almost unbelievable. Construction quality appears to be excellent and the app works flawlessly. I am sooooo looking forward to getting some butts on and doing a prolonged cook.
Good for you! You are going to love the 590. I had it going for about 8 hours yesterday for a Mississippi pot roast with sweet potatoes

Welcome! Your family will be happy you chose a Rec Tec. After my first cook (spare ribs) my wife and I were very happy with the performance of our Bull.
I just started cooking on my RT 340 two days ago. First was a rack of ribs that came out better than any I have ever had. Second was Filet Mignon. Use a probe and it came out absolutely perfect med rare. I have had a Traeger for 9 years and loved it. This one may surpass it by a good measure. As a follow up, I did break a rib putting the grill together---long story.

It will make you look good it is so easy to use!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back