2021 Amazon Prime Day Deals, post them here!

Mike

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Amazon Prime "Day" starts TODAY and takes place over 2 days, from June 21 through June 22.

The only thing I'm really looking for is a new patio rug for the back deck.

If you find any good deals from Prime day that others here on recteqforum might enjoy, please post them HERE!

If you've been thinking about a Meater wireless thermometer (especially good if you use a rotisserie) the Meater+ single is $79.20

If you've been thinking about a Meater wireless thermometer (especially good if you use a rotisserie) the Meater+ single is $79.20
I backed this project on Kickstarter/IndieGoGo (can't remember which) awhile ago and they're...OK. I haven't been able to get them to work reliably in my RT-700 though. Thinking the signal is having issues going through the smoker body/lid.

I don't recommend, unfortunately.

I backed this project on Kickstarter/IndieGoGo (can't remember which) awhile ago and they're...OK. I haven't been able to get them to work reliably in my RT-700 though. Thinking the signal is having issues going through the smoker body/lid.

That is why I only referenced the PLUS version, it has a stronger signal than the original version.

That is why I only referenced the PLUS version, it has a stronger signal than the original version.
I’ve had the Meater Plus since December and I’m real happy with it. For everyday use in a cooker, the wired thermometers are all anyone needs, but it is invaluable for use on my Wyldside.
Link

I’ve had the Meater Plus since December and I’m real happy with it. For everyday use in a cooker, the wired thermometers are all anyone needs, but it is invaluable for use on my Wyldside.
Link
Please forgive me (I’m a newbie here), but the Wyldside is pretty open, right? Have you had any issues with your Meater Plus losing communication through any lids? Just curious, because I’d love to get the Meater Block (which uses the Meater+ technology).

Also, I’m not sure if it’s the best deal you’ll ever find, but ThermoWorks is offering 18% off today site-wide (not on Amazon).

Please forgive me (I’m a newbie here), but the Wyldside is pretty open, right? Have you had any issues with your Meater Plus losing communication through any lids? Just curious, because I’d love to get the Meater Block (which uses the Meater+ technology).
No lid on the Wyldside, which is why the Meater Plus works so well with this grill. No wires, so I can use it on the rotisserie and it measures ambient and food temp, so I know how high to adjust the grate/rotisserie to achieve the cooking temp I’m looking for. No loss of communication because I leave an iPad in close range of the Meater Plus, which keeps everything connected via WiFi.

It works great in a kitchen oven also-no wires to run through an oven door and get snagged accidentally. But on the pellet grills, I still depend on my ThermoWorks products.

Thank you for the info! I cook a lot of things sous vide and on a rotisserie, so I was kind of hoping I could use the Meater when cooking on the Bull when it arrives as well. I’d read about the signal getting dropped on grills and smokers with lids, so I wasn’t sure. Sorry to hijack the thread!

That's a good unit - nice alternative to the Thermapen Mk4.
I have a Lavatools Javelin before I purchased my Thermapen MK4 and I agree it's a great unit. I didn't have the pro version so the screen didn't auto rotate nor did it have a backlight, but otherwise it was pretty solid for the price.

That said I love my MK4 much more :D

I use an old iPhone as a broadcast point. I leave it on the controller shelf and use my current phone thru MEATER link. Works great

Also, I’m not sure if it’s the best deal you’ll ever find, but ThermoWorks is offering 18% off today site-wide (not on Amazon).
You can do better at Thermoworks if you just have patience. I almost picked up the Signals a couple of weeks ago at 30% off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back