Stampede my first overnight cook.. (brisket point)

Mark Ryan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
20201004_105136.jpg

Attachments

• 20201004_104450.jpg
    20201004_104450.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
Hi Mark,
That looks spectacular! Then again, the point is my favorite part of a brisket. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.
Ed

Yeah, i always cut them in half and do 2 different cooks. If I do a full one I get a little tired of eating it by the time I'm done.

What was the weight on it? I did a little 1.5 lb point today, when I got to 203 degrees after 5.5 hours it was still kind of tough. Hopefully it'll soften up some when I turn it into burnt ends tomorrow.

I did it at 180 till it hit 155 then 225 intil 205 internal. Don't know how much it weighed but it came out super fall apart tender and juicy.

Yeah, i always cut them in half and do 2 different cooks. If I do a full one I get a little tired of eating it by the time I'm done.

I'm kind of opposite. I tend to smoke it all and then pull out the vacuum sealer. Keep out some leftovers and the rest gets sealed up into meal sized packages.

I'm kind of opposite. I tend to smoke it all and then pull out the vacuum sealer. Keep out some leftovers and the rest gets sealed up into meal sized packages.
I love doing cooks. playing with my grills is what I live for.

What was the weight on it? I did a little 1.5 lb point today, when I got to 203 degrees after 5.5 hours it was still kind of tough. Hopefully it'll soften up some when I turn it into burnt ends tomorrow.

Came out pretty tough, good flavor though, it went in the trash. Next time I go bigger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back