Bull My Bull Disappointment!!!

Cooper2u

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Well to start my blood is filled with stick burning. It all started back about 7 years ago because I just wanted to cook the bigger meats and bigger cooks and living in the outskirts of San Antonio I have lots of mesquite on my property to use as fuel. I even learned how to make my own lump coal which knocks out that bitterness and after taste.

Attached is a pic of my offset but I won’t mention who made it but if there are the stick burners out there from south Texas you will know who he is. So you are wondering when is this guy going to get to the point of being disappointed in his Bull? The main reason I purchased this RECTEC was for the days I did not fell like firing up my stick burner because of weather, time, having to work or just not in the mood.

Well my disappointment is because I have had this BULL for a little over a month and a half and HAVE NOT FIRED UP MY STICK BURNER ONE TIME!!!! I have over the course of this time probably cooked four spatchcock chickens, three or four racks of ribs, three briskets, pork butt, hamburgers, cast iron pineapple upside down cake, three cast iron peach cobblers and a slew of veggies. All of these turned out so dang good that I will only dare admit this on the RECTEC forum. RECTEC awesome smoker, solid construction, great customer service but I did not expect it to perform as well as it has.

7AC4F14E-1B15-49E6-A82E-73D16714200B.jpeg
64CBD7A7-147D-408F-BA07-51D70676FA9E.jpeg
93B30801-9EC9-4529-AB4C-A7AC1F62BDDA.jpeg

@Cooper2u I hear you man. My Rec Tec RT-700 is amazing. I find it I'm always looking for new things to cook in it. Something I've never done with any grill in the past.

Well to start my blood is filled with stick burning. It all started back about 7 years ago because I just wanted to cook the bigger meats and bigger cooks and living in the outskirts of San Antonio I have lots of mesquite on my property to use as fuel. I even learned how to make my own lump coal which knocks out that bitterness and after taste.

Attached is a pic of my offset but I won’t mention who made it but if there are the stick burners out there from south Texas you will know who he is. So you are wondering when is this guy going to get to the point of being disappointed in his Bull? The main reason I purchased this RECTEC was for the days I did not fell like firing up my stick burner because of weather, time, having to work or just not in the mood.

Well my disappointment is because I have had this BULL for a little over a month and a half and HAVE NOT FIRED UP MY STICK BURNER ONE TIME!!!! I have over the course of this time probably cooked four spatchcock chickens, three or four racks of ribs, three briskets, pork butt, hamburgers, cast iron pineapple upside down cake, three cast iron peach cobblers and a slew of veggies. All of these turned out so dang good that I will only dare admit this on the RECTEC forum. RECTEC awesome smoker, solid construction, great customer service but I did not expect it to perform as well as it has.

View attachment 3578View attachment 3579View attachment 3580
Welcome,
Nice mod on the lid.

Glad you are enjoying the bull. It’s a great machine and so easy to use. Have fun and welcome. ??

Welcome,
Nice mod on the lid.
Thanks. I decided while it was new to go ahead and seal the lid with the gasket from Fireblack and from past experience with my stick burner and cooler Texas mornings the inside lid likes to condensate until the pit gets up to temp so came up with that deflector plate to redirect the water back in the pit instead of down the sides of that shiny stainless exterior.

Thanks. I decided while it was new to go ahead and seal the lid with the gasket from Fireblack and from past experience with my stick burner and cooler Texas mornings the inside lid likes to condensate until the pit gets up to temp so came up with that deflector plate to redirect the water back in the pit instead of down the sides of that shiny stainless exterior.
My last pellet pooper didn't have that problem as I guess the lid went far enough down.
Brilliant!

I’d like some info on that light attached to the left side? Like it, my inside light is essentially worthless as it’s near impossible to keep clean. Thanks!

I’d like some info on that light attached to the left side? Like it, my inside light is essentially worthless as it’s near impossible to keep clean. Thanks!
The idea came from member @abed77. He goes in detail on what to do. Pictures are the light and the stainless 1” plug I used to fill the hole when you remove the original light.

LED flexible light
Stainless steel 1" plug

Attachments

• 2934154D-029A-403D-8481-35FEF88CC8C6.jpeg
    2934154D-029A-403D-8481-35FEF88CC8C6.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 159
  • F27643A7-39A3-426A-BD22-D67B0267872B.jpeg
    F27643A7-39A3-426A-BD22-D67B0267872B.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 163
Can I ask where or how you modified that deflector plate for the lid? Getting my Bull delivered today...and I am going to seal the lid- Lava Lock, but that modified deflector plate has my attention as well. any info?

Can I ask where or how you modified that deflector plate for the lid? Getting my Bull delivered today...and I am going to seal the lid- Lava Lock, but that modified deflector plate has my attention as well. any info?

Hope the picture I attached helps. Let me know if you need anything else I’ll try to help.

Would be interested in purchasing a lid deflector like Cooper2u made, anyone thinking about making some of these to sell?

My front of my Bull is stained pretty bad and does not like to come off...

i like the deflector idea. love your off set. i want an off set someday, i really wana learn about controlling the air and all. seems like alot of work but fun when you have the time

That’s a real nice offset. Lonstar makes quality products.

I can see your problem... the Bull is a solid choice and does all the work for you :) .. Like your lid deflector also. Great idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back