More RT-700 tinkering & upcoming beach trip

SweaT-rex

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Though I have no issues with wireless connectivity at home, I'm taking my RT-700 (Ruby) with me on a beach trip next week & want to be sure I have more range at the beach house- just in case. Thusly, I installed an increased range antenna kit today. Also, I've sealed the lid & smoke box, moved the towel ring to the front of the front shelf, & changed the 2 rpm auger motor to a BFG 3 rpm motor. I also found a prime grade packer brisket at Sam's today & 2 pork butts. Now... if this old man & my son-in-law can wrestle the Bull into the back of my truck.....

So...the beach house has internet service and a wireless router?

Worse case, the knob on the front will work without wifi.

So...the beach house has internet service and a wireless router?

Worse case, the knob on the front will work without wifi.
The beach house does have wifi, but I'm unsure where Ruby will have to be set up outside, thus my preparing for worst case scenario. I want to be smoking the brisket, while on the beach playing with the grandkids, and occasionally looking at the phone app ( thank God it won't be a holiday) & monitoring the cook.

The beach house does have wifi, but I'm unsure where Ruby will have to be set up outside, thus my preparing for worst case scenario. I want to be smoking the brisket, while on the beach playing with the grandkids, and occasionally looking at the phone app ( thank God it won't be a holiday) & monitoring the cook.
AFAIK the server issues only impact the push notifications. You can still monitor the grill & probe temps to your heart's delight.

Last edited:
i heard you could travel with the bull. just have to keep it covered if not vaccinated
Got it covered:
bull-with-surgical-mask-on-2C0MB53.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back