Stampede Minimum Feed Rate.

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
My smoker gets up to temperature in what I consider a reasonable time, and it holds it very well. Of course, I don't have anything to compare it with, but it seems to get up to temperature just fine. So today I checked minimum feed rate, not fully understanding what that meant. I noticed mine was set at 3.0. And the text indicated that the default setting was I believe it was 6.5. So what does all this mean? And when you check your feed rate is it set at 6.5 or some other number as it comes from the factory?

The minimum can help with holding lower temperatures on very hot days. This time of year, any numbers in that 3 to 6 range probably won't matter. Mine came from the factory at 6.5, which is fine almost all the time. I dropped it to 3.5 last summer on a day where it was over 100 and I wanted to smoke at 200. I'm guessing it is still at 3.5. I'll look when I fire up tomorrow.

That is more helpful than you might imagine. We live west of Las Vegas on the California border, summer temperatures run over a hundred several days in a row. Today's smoke was done at about 50 degrees and it came out really good. I did go to 4.5 after seeing the default number. I have no idea why my setting was three or three and a half. Don't recall which. But I'll drop back down to three just so I don't forget when the heat comes in April. My temps have been spot on every cook.

Mine came set at 3.5. I live in California’s Central Valley. Our temps run 90 to 110 all summer. I leave it at 3.5 all year and it works great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back