Meater 2 Plus Announced

I believe you have the combustion one also, look forward to your comparisons.
I have the initial MEATER+ and the current CPT with the booster charger. Just went to use the CPT and the battery is dead. pulled out the MEATER+ that haven’t bee used in forever and it is working fine. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My Dad hs the CPT (no booster) and has said the prediction times in the beginning are usually way off but as it settles in, it usually is pretty close once it is dialed in. He has not mentioned anything about having issues with the battery level however maybe he is just OCD like I am with charging devices :)

It appears the NEW MEATER is not any thinner than the original but maybe I missed something. Just by eye balling it, it still appears thick.

Most issues with the thicker probe hole can be mitigated by inserting it in the protein across the grain so that when it is sliced (across the grain) the probe hole disappears, or at least is limited to 1 or two slices. The original MEATER has a problem with that, as the probe tip is rarely centered in the meat when inserted that way. With the multiple sensors in the v2 probe (as is the case with the CPT), that should now be a non-issue.

I’m happy they are addressing some of their weaknesses. As the owner of a temperamental Block 4 probe, I can only hope they will have a discounted price so I can donate mine to them for recycling. Don’t get me wrong, it has a lot of potential if you are a casual user and don’t actually have professional gear. My problem is my gasser (Lynx 36” Professional, RT700, 5’ Vertical Cast Iron wood burner) are made thick enough to prevent consistent connection with the base. If you don’t have those challenges, it will probably work. Good luck. I am looking forward to updates on this device.

Mine is one order. I was about to buy the block, then the 2 came out. I loved plus and it solved my rotisserie problem. The ambient temperature could adjust faster to help on my offset, but minor gripe.

Link Also posted in the link at the beginning of this post. I’ve ordered on-will be ha]ere later this week.
Bought mine Sunday. They printed my USPS label Monday morning. Still in North Houston. My guess is they are backed up and havent shipped them yet. I hate when they print a label and let it sit around a few days before it goes to USPS. That happens on eBay all the time.

Bought mine Sunday. They printed my USPS label Monday morning. Still in North Houston. My guess is they are backed up and havent shipped them yet. I hate when they print a label and let it sit around a few days before it goes to USPS. That happens on eBay all the time.
Mine is also still in North Houston.

Looks like still no wall wart/USB charging. I’ll pass. I’m not necessarily unhappy with my V1, but see no point in “upgrading”.

When I get to that point, I’ll take a harder look at CI.

Great, even easier for my dog to swallow... 🤦‍♂️
1699481616996.jpeg

Great, even easier for my dog to swallow... 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 20554
Yikes! That ain’t good…for either the dog or your checkbook. I’m assuming that it didn’t pass naturally, and without issue. Sure hope your dog is OK.

As a dog lover, I’m certainly sorry to see this. And, I understand fully; yesterday, one of our Miniature Schnauzers decided that my wireless ear buds would be fun to play with. Fortunately, she only swallowed the little silicone ear cups and they should pass fairly easily. We are still waiting for “evidence” of that, however. :rolleyes:

Yikes! That ain’t good…for either the dog or your checkbook. I’m assuming that it didn’t pass naturally, and without issue. Sure hope your dog is OK.

As a dog lover, I’m certainly sorry to see this. And, I understand fully; yesterday, one of our Miniature Schnauzers decided that my wireless ear buds would be fun to play with. Fortunately, she only swallowed the little silicone ear cups and they should pass fairly easily. We are still waiting for “evidence” of that, however. :rolleyes:
Pup is ok after an extreme hit to our checkbook for emergency surgery. No passing that! She had no clue what happened. Just happy I realized right away that the meater was missing. It was attached to 2lb pork loin. Swallowed it whole like a pelican

Pup is ok after an extreme hit to our checkbook for emergency surgery. No passing that! She had no clue what happened. Just happy I realized right away that the meater was missing. It was attached to 2lb pork loin. Swallowed it whole like a pelican
Glad to hear it. Must be a good-size dog.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back