Bullseye Lower grate Raise Dome

traxxs

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Ok any suggestions for lowering the grate , I find some foods will not allow lid to close , like Hams etc..

You could get a grate for a smaller Weber grill. Not sure what that would do as far as getting too close to the fire pot but you could give it a try. There are after market things you can try such as the DRG slide hinge system. Tom Horsman on YouTube has a nice solution as well Here. If you have a Weber kettle dome you could pop the recteq lid off and use the dome to get a little more headroom.
Bottom line is the 380 and 380X aren’t the best solutions for large cut smoking. I love mine but it is my hot and fast machine for smaller cuts.

Raising the lid would be a better option than lowering it closer to the heat source. When I had my BGE I was always vertically challenged. I finally made a 8“ riser out of rolled stainless steel that I riveted at the seam to create a cheap man’s extra tall cooking chamber. This method allowed me to keep the original ventilation and exhaust system for maintaining temperatures without changing the draft and draw characteristics. One word of caution, pre-clean and heat the SS before use to kill off any residual oils from the foundry or manufacturing process. I hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back