Bullseye Lava Rock on Diffuser

flippingeo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Hi all… soon to be Bullseye owner here.

I was curious to know if anyone has tried lava rocks laid on the diffuser plate to grab grease, and maybe help with heat retention? I imagine they would slow startup time, but once at temp I would imagine they would help retaining heat during openings.

I thought I saw a video of someone using lava rock on their Bullseye stating it helped reduce grease build up, and chance of fires. Of course I can’t find it now.

Doesn't help with heat retention much, a heavy cast iron grate has more impact due to greater thermal mass.

Does it seem reasonable though that it would help with grease management? Specifically grease would drip on lava rack and burn off before draining past the diffuse.

Does it seem reasonable though that it would help with grease management? Specifically grease would drip on lava rack and burn off before draining past the diffuse.
I would think that grease dripping on the lava rock would give meat a better flavor. Any thoughts??

So full disclosure… I’m waiting for my Bullseye to arrive. It was supposed to come on Monday, then Tuesday, now it just says shipped with no target date. Guess it fell off the truck. Anyway, I was going to try the lava rocks as some point. I’ll report back with results.

So full disclosure… I’m waiting for my Bullseye to arrive. It was supposed to come on Monday, then Tuesday, now it just says shipped with no target date. Guess it fell off the truck. Anyway, I was going to try the lava rocks as some point. I’ll report back with results.
Mine was lost as well but showed up. Good things are worth the wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back