Keeping Critters Away?

etrips

So I've never owned a grill before and keep on hearing about pellet grills and how great they are! I live out in the sticks where I have definitely heard some coyotes in the distance, as well as some bear activity seen. For those of you that live out in more rural areas, are you able to keep your grills outside? If so, what do you do?

Been living in the sticks my whole life. Never had a critter mess with any grill.

We hear coyotes nightly. I've killed a couple within a hundred yards of my back door, but that's about as close as they've come to the house.

We don't have bears around here, but those would concern me a little bit.

Same here; I live in rural MS. Plenty of coyotes, opossum, and raccoons. My grill is on a covered rear porch. I haven't had any issues, but I do have two dogs running around. I'm confident that helps deter the critters.

Only concern would be if bears in the area. Other than sirens set up around, if he wants to investigate it, he will.

Well I consistently have every dog in the neighborhood drooling when I fire up the smoker but they never bother anything when they visit. My biggest problem is insects, especially dirt dobbers making cocoons in places you don't want them & wasp nest. Have to be careful if something has been covered for awhile around here. I even had a feral cat try to set up residence under my Harley Davidson cover, nothing smells worse than cat urine stained material.

I put steel wool in my all weather vents and got a plug for the grease drain from Hilbe to keep mice out of my grill. I store it in the garage and mice love garages in the winter around here.

Coyotes around here at least so far don't seem all that interested in either of my older OK Joes grill and smoker nor the Bullseye. Honestly deer rutting around has been my biggest rural living annoyance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back