Bull Just some Saturday Ribs

rgreenberg2000

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So, yesterday was a bachelor day as my wife and daughters were up in Tahoe for a bit of skiing......what's a guy to do??? :) I texted my neighbors to let them know I was firing up the Bull and would have room for them......two of them brought over some ribs, and we were off to the races. I had a 3-pack of loin backs from CostCo (dusted with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust), one neighbor brought some mostly defrosted 1/2 spares, and the other neighbor brought a small rack of spares with a small rack of babies, too. Ran the pit at 240F (RT pellets), and then sat next to it with a couple cigars and an ashtray to make sure nothing went awry! :) (I did say it was a bachelor day!) The neighbors ribs finished up in about 5.5 hours (due to being on the top shelf, and the smaller sized racks), my LB's took 5.25 hours due to being really meaty. I fixed up a batch of cornbread, and my wife and daughters got home from the slopes in time for dinner.......was a really great day!

Loaded up:

1615137106037.jpeg

1/2 rack of spares ready to wrap and rest:

1615137127618.jpeg

Cornbread:

1615137139601.jpeg

Platter o' ribs:

1615137150340.jpeg

My plate:

1615137160813.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by!

Rich

So, yesterday was a bachelor day as my wife and daughters were up in Tahoe for a bit of skiing......what's a guy to do??? :) I texted my neighbors to let them know I was firing up the Bull and would have room for them......two of them brought over some ribs, and we were off to the races. I had a 3-pack of loin backs from CostCo (dusted with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust), one neighbor brought some mostly defrosted 1/2 spares, and the other neighbor brought a small rack of spares with a small rack of babies, too. Ran the pit at 240F (RT pellets), and then sat next to it with a couple cigars and an ashtray to make sure nothing went awry! :) (I did say it was a bachelor day!) The neighbors ribs finished up in about 5.5 hours (due to being on the top shelf, and the smaller sized racks), my LB's took 5.25 hours due to being really meaty. I fixed up a batch of cornbread, and my wife and daughters got home from the slopes in time for dinner.......was a really great day!

Loaded up:

View attachment 8859

1/2 rack of spares ready to wrap and rest:

View attachment 8860

Cornbread:

View attachment 8861

Platter o' ribs:

View attachment 8862

My plate:

View attachment 8863

Thanks for stopping by!

Rich
Hell of a cook, and a hell of an afternoon!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back