Stampede 3rd Saturday in October Roll Tide

2Wheeler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
3rd Saturday in October is special in Alabama and in Tennorsee since i sold my season tickets this year, i‘m enjoying it by breaking out my Recteq and doing ribs today to go with the brisket i finished yesterday. Roll Tide!
IMG_8485.jpeg

So, this is the first time I am seeing minced garlic used as a "rub" ingredient. Forgive the question, but how does it handle the cook? I would be afraid that it would get bitter, and/or burn.

Unrelated, but I thought I would share this - I usually use yellow mustard as a binder on pork/pork-ribs, but I saw a video where someone used Sriracha...blew my mind. I tried it, and it was pretty great. I will definitely try again.

P.S. I am OK with 'Bama winning a few games, but there is one in a couple of weeks where I will be rooting against them. (nothing personal!)

So, this is the first time I am seeing minced garlic used as a "rub" ingredient. Forgive the question, but how does it handle the cook? I would be afraid that it would get bitter, and/or burn.

Unrelated, but I thought I would share this - I usually use yellow mustard as a binder on pork/pork-ribs, but I saw a video where someone used Sriracha...blew my mind. I tried it, and it was pretty great. I will definitely try again.

P.S. I am OK with 'Bama winning a few games, but there is one in a couple of weeks where I will be rooting against them. (nothing personal!)
So ive used minced garlic for years and really picked up using it in pork dishes from my mother. She used to insert whole cloves in her pork roast. I just figured that if it was good on the inside why not try it on the outside, never looked back. Typically appl last after ive used my other rubs and peppers and i use the minced kind that comes in a jar with olive oil. The garlic enhances the flavor in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back