Just Rec Tec

cookingjnj

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hey all. I went to my town's inaugural Food Truck and Music Festival this afternoon. I live in a relatively small town in New Jersey, and this was the first time they have tried to hold this type of event. Definitely areas to improve if they want to hold another event next year. I did not realize when I left my house earlier in the day I had on my "Rec Tec" grey t-shirt. I was standing in line at one of the BBQ trucks when one of the owners came out to let folks know they were running low on food. He immediately struck up a conversation with me observing I am obviously a "pellet pooper" from my shirt! We had a really good conversation regarding the best smoking woods, pellets compared to stick woods, BBQ competitions, etc. I just thought it was cool he recognized the RT name on my shirt and made it a point of our conversation. I do not think he will ever convert to pellets as a competitor, but a really good conversation and learning experience for me.

That's pretty awesome. Just goes to show RecTec certainly has a great thing going for them and people are recognizing them.

Yeah, and I love talking smoking and bbq with folks. All my friends are intrigued by what we do, and enjoy tasting what comes off the pit, but fun to talk with folks who are WAY past where I am at now. Good learnings......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back