Stampede Just purchased a 590

Traveler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I pulled the trigger and got the 590 with free comp cart. I almost went with the pitboss because of the direct heat searing feature. I also looked at the Camp Chef with the sidekick. Ultimately decided to go with Rec Tec and also purchased the side kick with the grill accessory. I don’t think I’m going to mount this on the side of the Rec Tec because I don’t want to drill any holes. So I’ll probably build a table and mount the side kick on it to use for searing. Or is there a way to use the existing holes for the side handle on the Rec Tec and mount the sidekick?

Last edited:
I did the same earlier today, and I see where there are out of the comp carts now, so I'm glad I got my order in when I did. I've considered the CC sear box also, but will wait until I use the grill for awhile before deciding, I do like you idea of just mounting it on a separate table.

Wouldn't the grill grates be the same effect? I got the grill grates for the searing option and the large griddle plate for the times I miss having my old blackstone griddle.

Wouldn't the grill grates be the same effect? I got the grill grates for the searing option and the large griddle plate for the times I miss having my old blackstone griddle.
I’m not sure. I’ve read mixed reviews on the grill grates, not on the Rec Tec specifically but in general. I like a nice char on the outside and don’t feel like lighting up my Kamado just for a couple min sear so I went with the sidekick with grill option which theoretically should get me above 700F quickly.

@Traveler

I see your point. That's why I decided to pick up a 340. I figured it would be better to use the 340 for "general grilling" and keep the 590 for "the big stuff". I still got the grill grates for the 340 too but I plan to be at higher temps more on the 340 anyways.

I did the same earlier today, and I see where there are out of the comp carts now, so I'm glad I got my order in when I did. I've considered the CC sear box also, but will wait until I use the grill for awhile before deciding, I do like you idea of just mounting it on a separate table.
If you do go the CC route, take a look at the sidekick and not the standalone sear box. The sidekick comes with the griddle but you can add other accessories like the grill box which I plan to use for searing. There’s even some pizza oven attachment.

@Traveler

I see your point. That's why I decided to pick up a 340. I figured it would be better to use the 340 for "general grilling" and keep the 590 for "the big stuff". I still got the grill grates for the 340 too but I plan to be at higher temps more on the 340 anyways.
Can you adopt me? Lol. That’s awesome you got both. If I get another outdoor cooking thing, my other half will kick my butt.

@Traveler

I got lucky with my other half. We are both carnivores and after the turn-out from the 590 for Thanksgiving it was an easy sell on the 340 lol.

So I pulled the trigger and got the 590 with free comp cart. I almost went with the pitboss because of the direct heat searing feature. I also looked at the Camp Chef with the sidekick. Ultimately decided to go with Rec Tec and also purchased the side kick with the grill accessory. I don’t think I’m going to mount this on the side of the Rec Tec because I don’t want to drill any holes. So I’ll probably build a table and mount the side kick on it to use for searing. Or is there a way to use the existing holes for the side handle on the Rec Tec and mount the sidekick?
Never had any issues with the Camp Chef recently bought an Bullseye TR -380 and just issues with it , right out of the box , I am glad I didn’t went for the 590 . Recomandation Webber Smokey Mountain , a bit more work but more consistent never any issues .

Never had any issues with the Camp Chef recently bought an Bullseye TR -380 and just issues with it , right out of the box , I am glad I didn’t went for the 590 . Recomandation Webber Smokey Mountain , a bit more work but more consistent never any issues .
Just curious what issues you had with the RT-B380?
I have one on order and now second guessing my decision.
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back