Bull Just ordered a Bull

TommyV

I got one of the mesh cooking mats and got the Amazon cover that's mentioned in a recent thread. I've been on the fence for a couple months and finally saw a similar sized grill at a local hardware store and that eliminated my thoughts that the Bull may be too big. I didn't get the sear plates as I've had a BGE for 20 years and figured I'd use that for anything that needed to be seared. I'm just looking forward to being able to cook things a little simpler without having to build a fire in the BGE.

Congrats! I got mine in earlier this week. The wife and I assembled it, sealed the lid and smoke stack and did the initial burn in yesterday evening. I was also a bit worried that it might be too large for us but, it will be perfect for cooking larger cuts of meat and for family get togethers which we have several times a year. Enjoy your new Bull.

Congrats! You will love it..

It's just me and the wife and I keep dropping hints on the BFG so you can't go wrong on the Bull if you had any doubt. It is roomy but a few racks of ribs and that real estate shrinks especially if you are keeping everything over the drip pan. It's not as big as it looks from that prospective.

You will become addicted.. :)

Congrats! I got mine in earlier this week. The wife and I assembled it, sealed the lid and smoke stack and did the initial burn in yesterday evening. I was also a bit worried that it might be too large for us but, it will be perfect for cooking larger cuts of meat and for family get togethers which we have several times a year. Enjoy your new Bull.
I will be getting my Bull delivered today. What do you mean by "sealed the lid and smoke stack"?

@DBL.CHEEZ some folks use a stick on gasket seal around their lid. Lots of theories on what it does in terms of temps but what it really helps with is keeping the black smoke stains off of the outside of your cooker. Lots of threads on the forum about it. I suggest you search on “seal” or “lid seal”.

Like Waterboy said, by sealing the lid, I put a gasket around the edge of the lid and did the same around the smoke stack. I used 1/2" x 1/8" LavaLock gasket material. On the smoke stack, 2 rounds of the gasket fit perfectly. The main reason I used was to keep my Bull cleaner and if it holds in smoke a little longer, that will be a plus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back