BFG Just added a Smokai Generator to my BFG

I would recommend instead of chips, use wood chunks and charcoal. I have the smokedaddy magnum PIG on my Bull which is esstenially the same thing you have. When I use chips, I tend to get too much white smoke. My smoke generator works best getting white hot charcoals filled up 50% or more and then add a wood chunk or two.....rinse and repeat. Just a suggestion but play around with it. Just what I and others have found what works best for quality extra smoke.
The only thing magnum pig releases smoke from the top and mine releases it from the bottom so I don’t know if that would work for me.. I’ve used charcoal at the bottom and wood chips.. and Smokai doesn’t recommend Chunks for some reason

The only thing magnum pig releases smoke from the top and mine releases it from the bottom so I don’t know if that would work for me.. I’ve used charcoal at the bottom and wood chips.. and Smokai doesn’t recommend Chunks for some reason
Interesting. What I recommend is actually not what smokedaddy recommends but what I and others have found works best.

I hope you can find something that works well for you.

The BFG doesn't put out a lot of smoke at all even at 180 so I hope this works for you. I have a friend who has a business and has a BFG and I've recommended smoke tubes with wood chips mixed in which is a cheaper solution thatn what you are doing but yours is more of a permanent fix.

Just added a Smokai Magnum 3L Smoke Generator to my BFG going to be doing a full packer brisket over the weekend let’s see the difference… wish me luck🤞🏻

View attachment 18625
I am curious about the Smokai 3L, specifically the condensation that I've observed on the lid (in videos). Have you had this happen and does it affect the efficiency of the pellets/wood chips burning in the cylinder?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back