Stampede Installed Power Cord - Come on, really!!

This just out, "Chinese power cord discussion hits in excess of 50 posts on a major pellet grill forum" 😲
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Seems like a fine power cord to me, I do however like some of the solutions or mods some have shared here. Always a compromise with any grill/smoker somewhere, but IMHO Recteq puts the quality where it matters most. Many of us love to mod/improve to make something our own for what works best for us "or gives that illusion", but I am quite the supporter of constructive criticism when warranted. I have had a Pitboss for years and it's been rock solid and produced some yummy BBQ, but there are plenty of trade offs there as well, but surprisingly some "slight" better aspects compared to the 590 as well........but nah I am so stoked about this 590 and wanted one for a few years now. My ole Pitboss found a great home with my next-door neighbor and he is tickled to death. :cool:

Seems like a fine power cord to me, I do however like some of the solutions or mods some have shared here. Always a compromise with any grill/smoker somewhere, but IMHO Recteq puts the quality where it matters most. Many of us love to mod/improve to make something our own for what works best for us "or gives that illusion", but I am quite the supporter of constructive criticism when warranted. I have had a Pitboss for years and it's been rock solid and produced some yummy BBQ, but there are plenty of trade offs there as well, but surprisingly some "slight" better aspects compared to the 590 as well........but nah I am so stoked about this 590 and wanted one for a few years now. My ole Pitboss found a great home with my next-door neighbor and he is tickled to death. :cool:
It's a very fine cord, indeed. Remember, ALL cords matter!

A possible solution is something I am considering doing; install a weatherproof outdoor electrical outlet box on my grill so that I could conveniently plug in accessories (think charger for ThermoWorks Signals unit). That would involve cutting the existing cord and routing the short stub into one side of the outlet box. Then, a new (and a bit longer) cord would be connected to the other side of the outlet box. You could use whatever kind of electrical cord you wanted for that.

The end result would be an all-round better electrical setup. One way to make lemonade from lemons. ;)
I was thinking of finding a retractable cord to mount on the cart and pull the plug out to plug. Problem I'm having is finding a retractable reel with the male end that retracts.

Last edited:
I had to run power for my smoker & ran it based on my Traeger. Took it back & bought the 590 and cord too short now. Recteq put the cord on the wrong end! How dare they! Recteq should take mine back because cord is on opposite end! So I went to the hardware store & bought a 4 ft extension cord. Done! Sorry Recteq, you are forgiven but I do feel I'm owed 12 bucks for the cord ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back