Stampede Igniter quit working

Dawgfan1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My igniter went out on my 590. ReqTeq is sending me a new one, but they told me I could start it without the igniter. I’ve seen videos of people using a propane torch but I don’t have one of those and won’t need one in a few days after I install the new igniter.

I read a suggestion online that I can put paper towels in the pot, a handful of pellets on top of it, light the paper towel and once it starts the pellets burning and they start smoking I can turn on the grill and use it like usual. Is this a good way to manually start the 590?

I've only done it with a torch so this is just a guess. If I were to try the paper towel thing, I'd empty the fire pot, crumble the paper and put it in, put a SMALL handful of pellets on top and light it. Once the paper is lit I'd turn on the grill. On my 340 when I first turn it on the fan comes on and the auger feeds for maybe 30 seconds so you'll get more pellets. The auger then stops while the fan and igniter do their thing. It's possible the igniter comes on when the auger initially feeds, I can't tell as it takes a while to light.

You'll have to watch and see if the fan helps light the pellets or blows out the paper.

Good luck.

My igniter went out on my 590. ReqTeq is sending me a new one, but they told me I could start it without the igniter. I’ve seen videos of people using a propane torch but I don’t have one of those and won’t need one in a few days after I install the new igniter.

I read a suggestion online that I can put paper towels in the pot, a handful of pellets on top of it, light the paper towel and once it starts the pellets burning and they start smoking I can turn on the grill and use it like usual. Is this a good way to manually start the 590?
This would light my fire:
Escobar_Inc_Flamethrower.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back