If you ever wanted a ThermoWorks Signals…

@Jim6820, you would suggest a signals over the smoke?
I have the Smoke (non-X) and the Signals. The Smoke (non-X) can be upgraded with their Gateway to get online also. But then you are entering the same price point as the Signals, which also appears to no longer be on sale.

Anyone have or tried the fireboard?
I have the original Fireboard and it has been great. Do wish I would have waited the 3 months for the Fireboard 2 just because of the larger screen and it looks cooler but I honestly hardly ever look at the unit itself so it really doesn’t matter. It has been flawless, even on busy holiday weekends, and I can keep an eye on my cooks when I go to the store and the alarms work great. I wanted one with 6 probes so I went with the Fireboard and haven't been disappointed yet after 2 1/2 years.

Turns out I needed it... (Inventory Reduction Sale right now...)
1672330517059.png

Hmm. This or fireboarrd 2?

I just pulled the trigger on the Signals, after spending WAY too many hours researching and looking at the differences & advantages of each of the Signals, Fireboard 2 & Inkbird. Inkbird was considerably cheaper, but didn't have all the extra functionality of the other two, so that was out for me. After realizing Thermoworks (Signals) has essentially the same free cloud storage of cooks, plus editing cook notes capabilities via web browser or app as FB2, that swayed my decision. I like the Signals app interface better, with editable color-coded channels & graphs making it easier to match & track each probe temp (FB2 appear to be all orange). And you can use the Signals base unit alone to set/change temps without the app, which you can't with FB2. Price was basically a wash, & even sweeter with the recent Signals sales. Overall I think the differences are small and come down to personal preference. Good luck with your decision, and enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back