Bull I want to smoke meat now!

AJ2ThePont

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
I ordered the Bull after losing negotiations with the wife about why we should get the BFG. Go big or go home has always been my philosophy. Only good news, I can maybe buy another one once the entire neighborhood stays coming over.

Anyway, ordered on March 9. Does RT really supply tracking number? It's been a week and I want to track my grill like my kids tracked Santa years ago.

There is a tracking number on my invoice, but it does not map to any shipper from what I can tell. Is RT or shipping still backed up from snowstorms?

Any insight this wonderful group can provide to a very anxious wanna be smoker... would be appreciated!

I ordered the Bull after losing negotiations with the wife about why we should get the BFG. Go big or go home has always been my philosophy. Only good news, I can maybe buy another one once the entire neighborhood stays coming over.

Anyway, ordered on March 9. Does RT really supply tracking number? It's been a week and I want to track my grill like my kids tracked Santa years ago.

There is a tracking number on my invoice, but it does not map to any shipper from what I can tell. Is RT or shipping still backed up from snowstorms?

Any insight this wonderful group can provide to a very anxious wanna be smoker... would be appreciated!
I got an email from RT stating item was shipped. I then received email from trucking company to schedule delivery. I was given a number but unable to track since total time was only a week.

Good luck and enjoy!

Congrats and welcome to the family.
Not sure your location but they use Estes for long haul and UPS for shorter deliveries

My Bull showed up speedy quick a year ago.

My recently ordered Bullseye has been sitting in the Estes terminal 20 miles from my house since Saturday, according to tracking info. :rolleyes:

My Bull showed up speedy quick a year ago.

My recently ordered Bullseye has been sitting in the Estes terminal 20 miles from my house since Saturday, according to tracking info. :rolleyes:
Ugh... I hope that's not my case. Going to be a fantastic weekend in Wisconsin. I'm ready!

Ugh... I hope that's not my case. Going to be a fantastic weekend in Wisconsin. I'm ready!
Just got a call from a courier company. Guess Estes farms out residential deliveries. So Thursday between 10-2 for me.

My wife placed the order this time and didn't know it would be easier to ship to my work.

Congratulations on the 700. I’d give Rec Teq a call and see what’s up. A week after ordering you should be able to track. If you ordered through a CS Rep you can email them as well.

Thanks all! With the help of the group... went to Estes site and used the tracking number I found on RT site!

Delivery expected tomorrow. I haven't received a call yet... so we'll see. At least it is only 1 hour away from me!

I can almost smell the brisket!
Post some pics during/after the cook!!

I ordered the 340 on 3/8. Had it scheduled to delivery to work Friday 3/12 but UPS Freight had an "issue" and it was delayed. Arrived yesterday and looks damaged from the picture they sent me. Of course I have been sick and can't go in to pick it up yet. Hoping it won't be too bad when I do. May be testing the claims of great customer service soon.

Attachments

• 16212.jpeg
    16212.jpeg
    647.6 KB · Views: 61
I know it’s not RT but they do contract with the shipping companies.
@recteq if you need someone to get out there and keep the shipping companies honest I’m your guy.
I hate to see things like this.
just say. But for real I can do this.

I ordered the 340 on 3/8. Had it scheduled to delivery to work Friday 3/12 but UPS Freight had an "issue" and it was delayed. Arrived yesterday and looks damaged from the picture they sent me. Of course I have been sick and can't go in to pick it up yet. Hoping it won't be too bad when I do. May be testing the claims of great customer service soon.
Finally got to pick it up today and unbox it. No visable damage despite the box damage. Will not get to burn in until tomorrow but will be cooking dinner on it barring other issues.

Finally got to pick it up today and unbox it. No visable damage despite the box damage. Will not get to burn in until tomorrow but will be cooking dinner on it barring other issues.
That's great news, enjoy!

Our experience with this was not great
Nothing to do with Rec Tec though
Ordered on 10 Oct, shopped (via UPS) on the 13th, Tracking all the way to Salt Lake
Delivered on 21 Oct after sitting at the UPS Terminal (30 minutes away from us) for 60 hours !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back