I missed the sales!

Price increases could be a result of the partnering with Norwest Equity Partners made last February. Investors always want return of investment.

Recteq’s new pricing is pushing them closer to the higher-end, USA-made grills. It remains to be seen whether that’s a good thing or not. If I were in their shoes, I’d be getting things like apps and shipping under better control to help stem a migration to those USA-made products.

Price increases could be a result of the partnering with Norwest Equity Partners made last February. Investors always want return of investment.
If I were looking right now, the Pitts and Spitts would still be at the top of my list, but it probably would have stayed there.

I think they might end up losing sales due to the price point they are moving into. At the $1500 price point the Memphis, Yoder, Mak, etc. will be showing up on more wish lists and likely staying there. Just MHO.

If I were looking right now, the Pitts and Spitts would still be at the top of my list, but it probably would have stayed there.

I think they might end up losing sales due to the price point they are moving into. At the $1500 price point the Memphis, Yoder, Mak, etc. will be showing up on more wish lists and likely staying there. Just MHO.
Memphis would be getting a closer look from me. I’d be getting side-eye looks from my accountant 😆.

At the original price of the 1250 I still almost got the Lone Star Grillz 20x42 just for the added features and heavy duty build. Part of me wishes I would have but I am also happy with the grill that I have. At the new prices it would have been enough to push me to spend the extra on the Lone Star Grillz. I was planning on getting a Bullseye at some time this year but since the price hike I probably never will get one unless they go on sale.

At the original price of the 1250 I still almost got the Lone Star Grillz 20x42 just for the added features and heavy duty build. Part of me wishes I would have but I am also happy with the grill that I have. At the new prices it would have been enough to push me to spend the extra on the Lone Star Grillz. I was planning on getting a Bullseye at some time this year but since the price hike I probably never will get one unless they go on sale.

I was also planning on the Bullseye at some point if they go wifi but at these prices not likely even so. Hold onto that 1250. Might double next year ;).

I was also planning on the Bullseye at some point if they go wifi but at these prices not likely even so. Hold onto that 1250. Might double next year ;).
So you're telling me I should clean it? At least on the outside? So I can sell it for a profit. Maybe I'll go out and hand wash it Friday morning when it is -21°. 😂

Damn, my grills have appreciated in value! This is better than the stock market :)
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Last edited:
i was planning on either a bullseye or weber kettle also. definitely a kettle now. heck even the master touch looks affordable now lol
I still have a Weber Kettle in great shape. Now that I have the Signals unit, I am thinking about adding the Bellows to the Weber.

When I bought my 1250 for $1,439 on black friday, I was already thinking in the back of my mind if I should just spend the money on getting a US made grill. At $1,799, I wouldn't even consider the RT-1250. I like the grill, but for that kind of money, a lot more options open up. Though that's assuming everyone else doesn't raise their price in 2022, which of course is not guaranteed.

A little late on this one (pun intended 😁), but I missed the sale on the comp cart (50% off) and they wouldn’t honor the price. I ultimately bought the Bull with everything except the smoke box and cover. The CS rep. said she’d throw in a free cover to protect my investment. Apparently they have to give the things away 😂. To my disappointment, the comp cart come with the old “rectec” logo whereas the grill, folding shelf and cover all have the new “recteq” logo. I was so excited to have the Bull I didn’t put up a fuss, but I wonder if knowing that ahead of time would’ve helped my negotiation. Apologies for the rant, this post brought back some memories…

Recteq is so much better than a Traeger. Which other pellet grills would be in competition with Recteq at these new prices? Expensive!
When I was shopping back in March 2021 a RT-700 with comp cart, folding front shelf, interior shelf and 200 lbs of pellets came close to the same price as the base model Yoder YS640s (640 is the cooking area). Shipping was almost $200!

My guess it that all manufacturers will follow suit and raise their prices too. Prices have already risen substantially on many consumer goods and services.

Was looking at the 1250 but now at increased prices American made grills like Lone Star Grillz or Pitts & Spitts are far more attractive options (even if somewhat more expensive) as this is a one time purchase.

In my opinion RecTec has effectively discontinued the 700 as a viable product option given the small premium for the 1250. The 700 was a great value at $1199 vs the competition.

The 590 remains a very attractive product at $999.

Just speculation, but we never used to see sales on RT smokers. There were some bundle deals, but the price of the smoker didn’t change. This past holiday season they actually had sale prices on some smokers. I wonder if we will now start seeing more “sales” where the price drops, maybe to previous levels? I know I feel better when I feel that I am getting a deal, so maybe this is the beginning of a new marketing strategy?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back