HUGE props to customer support

nautiboy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
A week ago I was about to grill some streaks and found that my blower fan had seized up completely. I've occasionally had i seize and if I just gave it a nudge it started working. Not this time. I started to get a little panicky because Labor Day weekend was coming up. But I figured I could just order a new motor and it ought to arrive in time. Before I ordered, I tried to remove the old motor, but the screws were so rusted it was impossible to remove. I contacted customer support and they offered to send a new airbox and blower motor. I mentioned my controller had been a bit squirrely recently so they offered to send a new controller too. i was a bit worried it wouldn't arrive in time for Labor Day weekend, so I offered to pay for overnight shipping, and they got everything together and shipped the same day and I had everything the next day. They even included the high temp caulking required to seal the airbox. Everything looked great until yesterday (friday 9/2) when I realized the screws for the blower motor weren't included. I rushed to Ace hardware and tried to find a matching screw but couldn't (in retrospect I think maybe I did find the right screw but there was some extra powder coating in the hole making the fit a bit more tight than I was expecting). I got on the phone again with them and they said the screws for the access cover were the same size, and for a limited time it was fine operating without the access cover, so I could use those while they shipped out new screws.

It wasn't exactly easy getting the new airbox installed, especially with the caulking, but I managed. Everything ended up working perfectly and I smoked up some awesome ribs today. I have some pork butt in the fridge ready for Monday. WOOT! It's probably a bit crazy to say, but I was really freaked out about the possibility of not grilling Labor Day weekend.
IMG_3752.jpeg

Great post. We seem to hear so many negative stories and I am glad your experience was positive. Kudos to RecTeq for keeping their premier customer service level high.

Have a great L-Day cook.

A week ago I was about to grill some streaks and found that my blower fan had seized up completely. I've occasionally had i seize and if I just gave it a nudge it started working. Not this time. I started to get a little panicky because Labor Day weekend was coming up. But I figured I could just order a new motor and it ought to arrive in time. Before I ordered, I tried to remove the old motor, but the screws were so rusted it was impossible to remove. I contacted customer support and they offered to send a new airbox and blower motor. I mentioned my controller had been a bit squirrely recently so they offered to send a new controller too. i was a bit worried it wouldn't arrive in time for Labor Day weekend, so I offered to pay for overnight shipping, and they got everything together and shipped the same day and I had everything the next day. They even included the high temp caulking required to seal the airbox. Everything looked great until yesterday (friday 9/2) when I realized the screws for the blower motor weren't included. I rushed to Ace hardware and tried to find a matching screw but couldn't (in retrospect I think maybe I did find the right screw but there was some extra powder coating in the hole making the fit a bit more tight than I was expecting). I got on the phone again with them and they said the screws for the access cover were the same size, and for a limited time it was fine operating without the access cover, so I could use those while they shipped out new screws.

It wasn't exactly easy getting the new airbox installed, especially with the caulking, but I managed. Everything ended up working perfectly and I smoked up some awesome ribs today. I have some pork butt in the fridge ready for Monday. WOOT! It's probably a bit crazy to say, but I was really freaked out about the possibility of not grilling Labor Day weekend.
View attachment 17371
whats on the front of the grill? did it burn though and thats a repair?

whats on the front of the grill? did it burn though and thats a repair?
That’s part of the heat blanket. Despite the fact that most areas around me are going through a heat-wave, I live about 70 yards from the Pacific Ocean so it’s always relatively cool, and often with a moderate to strong wind. The heat blanket really helps keep the cook chamber temp consistent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back