Horns up or Horns down

So what did I do with the extra horns...introducing, Wreckteq. My buddy is frugal and didn't want to spring for a Recteq and another friend of mine (also owns a Recteq) and I, installed my extra horns on his PitBoss when he wasn't home.

Attachments

• signal-2021-12-06-13-11-wrewreckteq.jpg
    signal-2021-12-06-13-11-wrewreckteq.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 157
So what did I do with the extra horns...introducing, Wreckteq. My buddy is frugal and didn't want to spring for a Recteq and another friend of mine (also owns a Recteq) and I, installed my extra horns on his PitBoss when he wasn't home.
Please don't give Recteq any ideas.

After some thought, "horns down" for sure - - more comfort and erogonomically correct comfort for my use- - and less comfort for the UT fans (friendly rival dating back to the glory days of the "old" Big 8 era - - GBR, even though they have struggled for 2+ decades).

I'm a horns down. I found it more comfortable because it conforms to my hands. I do know they are meant to go up.

View attachment 13763
I only read a few, but in my case, and on our grill (BFG), I tried one each direction, then asked for my wife's input. Mind you this purchase was a little offputting to her initially. She preferred horns down, both for lifting and closing the lid (at 5' tall). Now she gets testy if I decide to smoke something ON HER SMOKER.
I'm guessing Bull Riders would prefer horns down so there's less chance of being gored?

Sorry Guys, but it's my Grill; and any RecTec Rules, live Bull Anatomy, Astro Physics and all of the BBQ Science be damned
But it's Horns down for me
Note the fact that Horns down makes them a "Handle" not an "Ornament"
AND .... I am its MASTER ! ! ! :devilish:
The Bull has its Winter Coat.jpeg

But to be totally "transparent", I did install them "down & out" just for Ss and Gs
One issue .... couldn't use the Cover !

My problem with the horns down, I'm not a UT fan, Gig em for me, is when they're down, the horns make me think of the flush handle on a toilet. Once I got that thought in my little brain, I couldn't get it out.

But there again Steve .... the true answer lies in your "Avatar" ;)
9125.jpg

Even though the Buckeyes are favored by 7, I'll take the Utes and 3, New Years Day :cautious:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back