HELP me out with White Bass/Crappie...

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I've always been a fried fish guy except I sous vide and sear salmon. Went out this morning and snagged a few nice white bass and a couple Crappie. I was recently in Cabo and they brought out whole fish cooked and you just picked around the bones to make tacos. I like that idea but also just open to others to get RT-Bull flavors in some fresh caught fish.

Attachments

• A6FACABB-1A1E-4C7E-BB72-A4DAD25A38DC.jpeg
    A6FACABB-1A1E-4C7E-BB72-A4DAD25A38DC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 218
  • 197D0CA0-9576-4C72-A65E-4E0CDD38C24E.jpeg
    197D0CA0-9576-4C72-A65E-4E0CDD38C24E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
Those look awesome. I have not done whole fish on my 700 yet but have done Red Snapper on my fire pit and they were fantastic.

Attachments

• A10E7EF1-835F-4608-AD1D-DDE2A12F227C.jpeg
    A10E7EF1-835F-4608-AD1D-DDE2A12F227C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
I've always been a fried fish guy except I sous vide and sear salmon. Went out this morning and snagged a few nice white bass and a couple Crappie. I was recently in Cabo and they brought out whole fish cooked and you just picked around the bones to make tacos. I like that idea but also just open to others to get RT-Bull flavors in some fresh caught fish.

I remember my father cooking the crappie and perch we caught when I was a kid. He'd just cut the head off, gut them and put them on the grill or roll them in cornmeal and fry them in clarified butter. We'd just grab a fish and peel the skin off and eat down to the bones then pull the spine and bones and go at it again.

I haven't tried crappie on the Bull, but I've always liked smoked fish. Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back