Bull Heavy smoke heating up GrillGrates

zymico

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I keep getting heavy smoke when heating up my Bull above 400F with more than 3 GrillGrates in. My wife keeps threatening to roll it into the pool.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I keep getting heavy smoke when heating up my Bull above 400F with more than 3 GrillGrates in. My wife keeps threatening to roll it into the pool.

Is anyone else having this problem?
NO, Not the pool…lol. Hello from the OC “Northener”. I haven’t put more that the standard 3 grate configuration on my Bull and always keep them on the right side. However, if I am doing bacon or a lot of burgers at lower temps, when I take it up to the higher temps again the valleys of the GGs get a pretty thorough burn until the leftover grease residue is gone. I also clean the pin holes out periodically to ensure good flow from the grates onto the drip pan versus letting the grease run beyond the edges of the pan. I also have one of GGs professional grates without the drain holes and place it parallel (left to right) to the drip pan so it does not create a hazardous condition. I also leave a good amount of ash in the bottom of the cooker evenly distributed throughout to absorb any grease spills and hopefully abate the growth of any corrosion in the future. I assume you are not covering the entire cooking surface as the restricted air flow may also increase the amount of smoke. Let us know what you find out as a solution. Smoke on!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back