Trailblazer had a wifi problem

ol' stonebreaker

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-300
Grilled some ribs yesterday and after a short time the RT wifi quit working on my phone. It just said "device offline". Tried resetting the password and some other things to no avail. Started it up again today and still the same. Called our son who owns an RT 700 and he said he had the same problem once and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it fixed it. I did the same and it fixed mine. Thought I'd pass this along.

Grilled some ribs yesterday and after a short time the RT wifi quit working on my phone. It just said "device offline". Tried resetting the password and some other things to no avail. Started it up again today and still the same. Called our son who owns an RT 700 and he said he had the same problem once and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it fixed it. I did the same and it fixed mine. Thought I'd pass this along.
Great information thanks for posting.

i had that problem for a while then bought an extended range WiFi antenna for the grill. Never happened again. I think it drops offline when the grill is positioned close to the max range of the WiFi signal. That was my experience. YMMV.

i had that problem for a while then bought an extended range WiFi antenna for the grill. Never happened again. I think it drops offline when the grill is positioned close to the max range of the WiFi signal. That was my experience. YMMV.
You are correct. I solved my distance problem with a Netgear WiFi extender. No problem since.

Distance wise my router is about 40 ft from the grill and has to go thru 3 interior walls and and aluminum garage door.

this is what I bought on Amazon:

Highfine 2 x 6dBi 2.4GHz 5GHz Dual Band WiFi RP-SMA Antenna + 2 x 35cm U.fl/IPEX Cable for Wireless Routers Mini PCIe Cards Network Extension Bulkhead Pigtail PCI WiFi WAN Repeater

unscrewed the old antenna on the front of the grill and replaced it with one of these. $9.69 for a 2 pack. Very simple. Found it on an older thread on the forum.
Did you have to replace the wiring or just the antenna? I tried for a couple of hours yesterday to get my Bull connected.

Yes, I had to replace the wiring too. The new antenna and the Recteq antenna connector are both female, so you either need to replace the wire to the control panel, or insert a segment of wire between the two female connectors. Replacing the wire was easy, but you need to remove a few screws to access the control panel. The end of the wire presses on.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddegreve
Back