Bull GrillGrates

Who's got pics of the sear these get you. I haven't decided if I'm satisfied with the sear from the SS grates on my 700.
GG's do it better! They get hotter, and retain heat almost like cast iron. If you turn them over, you can get even more Mailard (Sp?) effect. I have one in the middle of my B380, flat side up for just that. I did thick prime sirloins tonight. Use my Meater to get them to 125, then onto the flat side up GG for about a minute a side and took them off at 130. They drifted up to 135-137* setting on plate for about 5 minutes and then I cut them and had a perfect medium-rare. Grill was a 450* but the GG's measured 507* with the portable sensor. Definitely, a positive for searing.
KbC5ZvGm.jpg

That's the setup. Old pic with lamb chops cooking. Not yet seared. Sorry no pics after searing. Note the round grate is SS (aftermarket). The original factory grate is 3/16" porcelain over steel. Did not use them at all. Just prefer SS. 22" diameter fits perfectly. From Smoke Daddy Drum Smokers.

How do you keep the GG so clean? Mine don't look that good.

That's the setup. Old pic with lamb chops cooking. Not yet seared. Sorry no pics after searing. Note the round grate is SS (aftermarket). The original factory grate is 3/16" porcelain over steel. Did not use them at all. Just prefer SS. 22" diameter fits perfectly. From Smoke Daddy Drum Smokers.
Whoops, that round grate is NOT from Smoke Daddy. It is from Big Poppas. Best one I could find. 1/4" 304 SS with handles. $69.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back