Bullseye Grease leaking from lid

hogginthegrillbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has anyone had any issues with their Bullseye with grease dripping out from the lid? It’s happened to me twice now, once with a spatchcocked chicken, and most recently with a grill loaded full of wings. And towards the end of the cook, I guess grease splashes up on the inside of the lid, and then drips down and out. I end up with drips all over the floor. I also have a lot of grease buildup at the lid hinge too.

yes that is very common. the most common solution is to put a seal on the lid like fire black or lavalock. some guys have also made a drip edge for inside the lid like the new 1250 has

Has anyone had any issues with their Bullseye with grease dripping out from the lid? It’s happened to me twice now, once with a spatchcocked chicken, and most recently with a grill loaded full of wings. And towards the end of the cook, I guess grease splashes up on the inside of the lid, and then drips down and out. I end up with drips all over the floor. I also have a lot of grease buildup at the lid hinge too.
IMHO, I'd be careful with greasy cooks. This grill is prone to fires if not properly managed.

yes that is very common. the most common solution is to put a seal on the lid like fire black or lavalock. some guys have also made a drip edge for inside the lid like the new 1250 has
Wouldn’t the lava lock seal the lid too tight? That’s the reason they have that spacer on there for air flow. I’m curious how others have made a drip edge. Anyone know?

Wouldn’t the lava lock seal the lid too tight? That’s the reason they have that spacer on there for air flow. I’m curious how others have made a drip edge. Anyone know?
yeah i mistakenly gave bad advice. i don’t know what you would do on a kettle style lid but i bet you get some good advice soon

Well, Rec Teq is unofficially renaming the grills....ok, well, I am.

We have 'The Bomb' (formerly known as the stampede), and this potentially can be 'The Fire'. :devilish:

When I do chicken on my Weber kettle I end up with a good puddle of grease at the bottom, they are greasy when the skin is on. From the looks of it the bullseye dome is not as high as the Weber so it may just be grease splatter. I know it may not be a good answer, but you could just give the lid a quick wipe with a couple paper towels during chicken cooks.

On the Weber, the top fits inside a lip on the lower bowl, any grease running down the lid would go inside the bottom. From the pics of the Bullseye this is not the case, looks like the top just sits on the lower.

When I do chicken on my Weber kettle I end up with a good puddle of grease at the bottom, they are greasy when the skin is on. From the looks of it the bullseye dome is not as high as the Weber so it may just be grease splatter. I know it may not be a good answer, but you could just give the lid a quick wipe with a couple paper towels during chicken cooks.

On the Weber, the top fits inside a lip on the lower bowl, any grease running down the lid would go inside the bottom. From the pics of the Bullseye this is not the case, looks like the top just sits on the lower.
Yeah. That makes sense. I think it’s a bad design, when you compare it to the Weber kettle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back