Grease diverter

Optics406

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Does the rt700 have the grease diverter like the rt1250? I know the new 700s have been upgraded to include most the upgrades that the 1250 includes.
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum Optica
Not sure what you mean by the "Grease Diverter"
Our older 700 has a Grease Tray that is just shy of being the full size of the Main Grill area
Maybe short by an inch in the front and back for Air and Smoke from the Fire Pot below the Tray
It drains into a "Trough" inside the Barrel, on the right side, that drains into the Spout, then into the Bucket
Not much else

The 1250 has a built in grease diverter under the lid to keep the body from getting dirty from dripping grease.

I have no firsthand knowledge of either grill but did find the grease diverter mentioned on the recteq website as being one of the differences the 1250 has from the 700.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE RT-1250 AND THE RT-700?

The RT-1250 has some additions that truly make it a unique member of the recteq lineup including higher temps, a cast-iron heat deflector, the dual-band controller, 120V outlet, slidable grates, grease diverter, and many more!

3A7D8A67-DC3F-45EF-A00C-60280723BCE2.jpeg

The "grease diverter" is essentially a piece of metal flashing (a bent strip of sheet metal) that fastens under the lid through the horn screws that supposedly redirects any grease that accumulates on the lid from dripping down the front of your grill. I guess it works, but it's nothing terribly special. After building these grills, you are all officially skilled enough to make your own with a quick trip to the local hardware store.

I guess it works as the front of my grill is clean, but I also sealed my lid with Lavalock from the get go.

1682120317958.png

The "grease diverter" is essentially a piece of metal flashing (a bent strip of sheet metal) that fastens under the lid through the horn screws that supposedly redirects any grease that accumulates on the lid from dripping down the front of your grill. I guess it works, but it's nothing terribly special. After building these grills, you are all officially skilled enough to make your own with a quick trip to the local hardware store.

I guess it works as the front of my grill is clean, but I also sealed my lid with Lavalock from the get go.

View attachment 19064
What size Lavarock do I need? That should work fine keeping the front clean. I don't see that metal strip really doing much since the stains probably come from smoke escaping from the lid to barrel gap.

View attachment 19064
I am waiting for my RT-590 to arrive and been searching the forums On various topics one being a grease diverter And Lavalok. What/where did you get your metal for the diverter, and did you Lavalok all 4 sides of your top lid. Thanks

I have a 1250 so the grease diverter was standard equipment. As mentioned, it's just a small piece of sheet metal with a "kick out" on one side. It's mounted using the same hardware as the horns.

As far as Lavalock, I did the entire perimeter of the lid. I had enough left over to do the hopper lid as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back