Stampede First RecTec brisket

TonyC

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I’ve had my 590 for five months now, and have hopefully climbed the steepest part of the learning curve. I decided to cook a brisket, which I was never satisfied with when I tried doing one with a smoker box in my old gas grill. A local grocery store had small prime flats that only weighed about 4.5 pounds. I coated the brisket with Worcestershire sauce, then added my own beef rub. After four hours at 225 degrees (fruit wood blend of pellets), the meat temperature was 158 degrees so I moved it to a foil covered as pan with two bay leaves and a bottle of coffee porter beer. After another 3.5 hours, the meat felt done and the meat temperature was 205 degrees. Removed it from the braise, wrapped it in foil, then a heavy towel, then rested it in a cooler for 90 minutes. When I opened the foil, the meat was still steaming hot. We were absolutely thrilled with the outcome. Another great experience with our Stampede.
376AEA59-5636-4877-9C42-BE54499F63FD.jpeg

Nothing like having a successful brisket...great job!

Tony - That looks awful. Better wrap up what's left and ship it to me ASAP for proper disposal. Hurry, lives may be at stake. ;)

Full disclosure; I've had my Stampede 10 months now and have yet to try a brisket. This year ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back