RT-1250 How to properly mount a 3l Smokai smoke generator to a RecTec 1250 without removing the handle?

Robert Shackelford

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Where? How w/o removing the damn handle? Please show a pic or two, thanks.

The handles are easy to remove from a recteq, so I’m assuming you mean something else. Perhaps contact the smoke generator support folks?

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Where? How w/o removing the damn handle? Please show a pic or two, thanks.
If you don’t want us to conclude that this is a “bot” post, we need some clarification. What “handle?” On what, the 1250 or the 3 Liter Smokai smoke generator? From a quick perusal of the Smokai data, it appears that all that’s needed is a hole for the smoke tube mount and a couple of smaller holes for the mounting bolts. There appears to be plenty of room on either end of the 1250 barrel to do this without removing anything. Details?

Potentially moving the handle was the reason I went with the Magnum PIG as opposed to the Smokai. Looking at it now, I wonder if you could just extend the outlet tube enough to clear the handle?

IMG_0955.jpeg

This is probably how I will end up... a Bull of a backyard. Is that the 2500 or 1250? Looks like the 2500. I have used the Big Kahuna for years, and it ended up going to the person who bought my Gourmet Chef (1st ever Pellet grill I owned). I sort of regret it, but gives me the opportunity to get the Mag Pig.

Silly question here, but doesn't drilling that hole void the bumper to bumper from RT? If I get the 700 or 1250 I will probably be doing the same thing here, but getting the MagPig instead of the Kahuna.

This is probably how I will end up... a Bull of a backyard. Is that the 2500 or 1250? Looks like the 2500. I have used the Big Kahuna for years, and it ended up going to the person who bought my Gourmet Chef (1st ever Pellet grill I owned). I sort of regret it, but gives me the opportunity to get the Mag Pig.

Silly question here, but doesn't drilling that hole void the bumper to bumper from RT? If I get the 700 or 1250 I will probably be doing the same thing here, but getting the MagPig instead of the Kahuna.
It is the 2500. I don’t know what their warranty position would be, but unless they come to a cookout at my house, I don’t think they’ll be aware. In all seriousness, if there was a structural issue near the hole I could understand not covering it. If it’s a control shelf / auger / etc, issue that’s in no way related, I would expect it to be covered.

I think if you drill a hole with an old crudded up bit - and then claim a defect in that area (rust or whatever)... it shouldn't be covered. If your wifi goes out and they claim it's because you put a hole in the thing - that's BS! For the record I don't think they would.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back