Bull First Cook - Probe Issue

Ruwallydog

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Just put on a brisket for an overnight cook. Used one probe for the point and the other in the flat. One of the probes will not show temp on the display for more than a few seconds. I reversed the ports and the issue repeated itself.

So, I’m guessing a bad probe, but wanted to see if there is something I’m missing.

thanks

Sometimes it's a bad probe sometimes you just have to wiggle the connection. If you can't get it to Work call customer service , they get ya fixed up.

Just put on a brisket for an overnight cook. Used one probe for the point and the other in the flat. One of the probes will not show temp on the display for more than a few seconds. I reversed the ports and the issue repeated itself.

So, I’m guessing a bad probe, but wanted to see if there is something I’m missing.

thanks
Yeah, It happens. If the prob continued after you switched probes, its probably the probe. Rec Tech has the best customer support going. Give them a call, they will fix the problem. How's the brisket look?

Sometimes it's a bad probe sometimes you just have to wiggle the connection. If you can't get it to Work call customer service , they get ya fixed up.
Well, read your post late last night ... said to myself “what the hell. It’s worth another try.” Gave it another good wiggle and voila! It’s been working fine ever since! Appreciate the suggestion....I think I was just being to ginger with it being new. Really appreciate it!

Make sure the probes are accurate as well. I always use thermoworks products for temp readings. This past week I actually tested the built in against the thermoworks and was pleasantly surprised that mine were very very close. My buddy has the bull and his probes were off by 15 degrees.

I had a similar issue - customer service told me to gently tighten the small nut that the probe goes in. Sometimes they get a little loose.

Thanks...just ordered. That’s a good deal. I will say this...the Bull pumps out a helluva lot more smoke than I anticipated. I guess the proof will be in the final taste test. I did seal the lid but not sure that would make much difference. My Yoder stick burner leaked around the lid like crazy and discolored my smoker like big time. The Rec Tec is too good looking to repeat that mistake again

Attachments

• A6962E2C-3795-47BC-BD27-2D449690C312.jpeg
    A6962E2C-3795-47BC-BD27-2D449690C312.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 81

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back