Bull First attempt at wings

TomL

225 for 45 minutes then up to 450, skin was nice and crispy.
IMG_20200516_170603.jpg
IMG_20200516_170625.jpg

How long at 450? Haven’t tried wings on the stampede yet.

I like to boil my wings first and then bake at 425 for 30 min. Nice and crispy!

I was working in the yard wasn't paying close attention, close to 45 minutes. A few were a little overcooked but most were juicy and crispy.

Glad you got crispy skin...something I've not gotten yet. BUT...practice makes perfect. I suspect I've not had heat set high enough.

Gonna have to try wings soon.
Wife prepped a buffalo chicken cheese dip in a cast iron skillet. I'm smoking it on the 700. First time I did this, it was amazing. now to see if i can repeat or if it was a fluke.

I have heard coating wings with a mix of salt and baking powder will crisp the skin without frying. I am going to test it soon. On my WSM i would smoke them then flash fry them and they were delicious

I have heard coating wings with a mix of salt and baking powder will crisp the skin without frying. I am going to test it soon. On my WSM i would smoke them then flash fry them and they were delicious
I tried the baking powder trick and absolutely hated it. I don't think I put too much on either. The taste was terrible and inedible.

Yes I've never had a problem with taste . It works great. It it was almost mega salty tasting you used too much.

Just a couple months with the Bull and I’ve only done wings once so far. Added cornstarch to the rub on my wings based on my wife’s look of horror when I mentioned possibly using baking powder. I had no noticeable issues with the taste but thought the crispness was only slightly better. Still a work in progress for me at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back