Bullseye First 3-2-1 attempt with ribs

jonny_comfort

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
So this is happening today...
ribs .jpg

This is after 3 hours. Just pulled and wrapped them, they are back on now. Can't wait!!

Careful not to overdo it! You can't uncool dry ribs.

I kept a good watch on temp, and they were actually finishing early so I unwrapped and sauced them. The sweet & spicy rack was attacked first, I barely got a pic of it before it disappeared. VERY happy with how all three came out, I've made good ribs before but these are in a whole different league. Best ones yet. They aren't falling apart, they hold to the bone but come off clean when eating. Very tender, just awesome.

First, the spicy rack:
done 2.jpg

Next, the top rack is the brown sugar chipotle dry rub, and I think these are my favorite. The flavor is just subtle enough that it's not too much but you can still tell it's there. Bottom rack is just good old Bullseye bbq sauce on top of the rub. That's my basic standard for anyone who comes over that doesn't like things spicy. Trust me guys, cinnamon or brown sugar work very well with chipotle on baby back ribs.
done 1.jpg

The dry rub was the least tender of the bunch but was still really awesome. Oh, and we also smoked some corn on the cob with garlic butter too. I leave it at 225, put the corn "naked" right on the grate. Let it go for about 15-20 minutes, baste with the butter, and flip for another 20 minutes or so. I tried this a couple weeks ago and everyone went nuts over it, if you need an easy and quick side dish idea it just works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back