First 6 months...

We'reSmokin'Now

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
As I fired up my Stampede this morning, it gave me time to reflect on my first 6 months of ownership.

This is my first pellet grill, and while I still love using my Kettle for fast and furious cooks, you just can't beat these Rec Teqs.
There is difference between "Ummm, that's pretty good" and "OMG, that's F'ng good!"

The only thing I sometimes regret is not getting the 700....:unsure:

Cheers! 🥃🥃🥃

As I fired up my Stampede this morning, it gave me time to reflect on my first 6 months of ownership.

This is my first pellet grill, and while I still love using my Kettle for fast and furious cooks, you just can't beat these Rec Teqs.
There is difference between "Ummm, that's pretty good" and "OMG, that's F'ng good!"

Cheers! 🥃🥃🥃
Gratz! Which pellets do you use? And what is your favorite recipe?

In the long run, would that 6" difference in width be a big difference ? That's kinda where I was at when purchased the stampede for a little less $$$.
I agree though, excellent units.

I agree with the post just above. I have the 700. I really don’t use all the space it provides. It kind of seems like a waste to heat it all up to cook for just my wife and I. The only times I fill it up is when I buy a three pack of ribs from Costco. I will cook them all up but we never eat more than one rack between us and freeze the rest. I could easily cook one rack and freeze the uncooked racks. I have attached photos of typical cooks for us. Three racks of ribs and two pork tenderloins. We always have a leftover tenderloin too.

Attachments

• 29C2526A-CA94-41CA-8A9F-3FB278F82DC3.jpeg
    29C2526A-CA94-41CA-8A9F-3FB278F82DC3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
  • 55609866-629C-4764-AABC-8CAD321AD8BD.jpeg
    55609866-629C-4764-AABC-8CAD321AD8BD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Although I cook for just the two of us as well, my thought behind deciding on the Bull was to have the room if and when needed. Either way they are both great grills and will get the job done the same. You can add a rack if you need more room. I admit, I could easily get away with the 590 as well but I do like the large 40# hopper on the 700. I would be just as happy with anyone of them.

Although I cook for just the two of us as well, my thought behind deciding on the Bull was to have the room if and when needed. Either way they are both great grills and will get the job done the same. You can add a rack if you need more room. I admit, I could easily get away with the 590 as well but I do like the large 40# hopper on the 700. I would be just as happy with anyone of them.
The more the betterer😁

Gratz! Which pellets do you use? And what is your favorite recipe?
I've had good luck with Lumberjack Pellets.
Favorite recipe: EVERYTHING! LOL
My top choices are tri tip, salmon, jalapeno poppers, bourbon brownies (heavy on the bourbon...:sneaky:)

In the long run, would that 6" difference in width be a big difference ? That's kinda where I was at when purchased the stampede for a little less $$$.
I agree though, excellent units.
I don't know how much difference it would have made, but my thought has always been go as big as you can. But I know the extra space would not have gone to waste. In the end, $$$ was the deciding factor, but I do love my 590.

I too cook mostly for my wife and I, but I typically cook for the whole week. And most weekends I have both the 590 and the kettle going at the same time, so I'm pretty sure I would use every square inch in that 700.

I'm just glad I didn't start with the 700 and drooled over the 2500 BFG...🙄

Anyway, thanks for the comments and feedback. Grill on!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back